This job is no longer available
Pre Sales/Solutions Engineer – Leading IT Vendor – (Dubai)
My client a leading global IT vendor is seeking a Pre Sales/Solutions Engineer for an immediate hire. The successful candidate must be comfortable both in a highly technical pre-sales environment, designing an implementation with a customer, and supporting them post-deployment.
• Provide intensive pre- and post-sales technical consulting to prospective customers and channel partners
• Participating in conference calls and customer visits
• Make technical designs and presentations
• Mastering technical customer grilling over trivia of product implementation, and storage/network architecture
• Oversee the customer proposal process to ensuring the solution and recommendations address all customer requirements.
• Support Account Management.
• Investigate new solution areas for product extensions
• Train customers to master the products & fit them into their OSS
• Design and run Beta evaluations (with attendant bugs!) while maintaining a professional and productive manner
• Ability to perform technical qualification
• 5+ years experience in a pre-sales role within the local territory working within a vendor environment
• Ability to successfully go complete sales presentations on one’s own.
• Must have very strong networking, switching, and routing background
• Knowledge SAN, NAS networking
• Willing to travel, work odd hours, and be very available.
• Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
• Instinctive understanding of what it is to give service
• Resides in the targeted geography w/local relationships
• Good working relationship with key local resellers
• BS/BA in relevant field (CS, EE, MIS)
• Ability to program scripts (eg. Perl, Python, VB)
• Cisco IOS familiarity (would be an advantage) ability to quickly understand enterprise network topologies and constraints. Completely understand how to configure networking under both Unix and NT.
• Familiarity with the concepts of next-generation storage systems
• CCNP, CCIE a plus