This job is no longer available
Our client is a multinational holding group, working across multiple sectors throughout the Middle East.
Due to recent growth they now require a General Manager for their Accommodations and Allocations division. This role will oversee all operations within this division and be fully accountable for its level of service, costs, P&L, employee satisfaction, policies, processes, growth and development
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• To allocate accommodation for all staff, permanent, temporary and visitors (approx 3000)
• To manage and coordinate all units related to staffing accommodation (approx 2000 units)
• Responsible for all accommodation policies and procedures
• Review existing agreements and make changes to enhance the company’s position
• Develop a staffing strategy in line with the companies objectives
• Develop and secure financial opportunities in line with the companies objectives
• Manage the Accommodation budget
• To maintain records for all maintenance matters.
• Manage accommodations team (Approx 50 team members)
• Ensure H&S requirements are met
• Undertake all other GM responsibilities
In addition to the day to day management the ideal candidate will have an eye for numbers and be able to calculate the cost per head and make recommendations for reducing this cost against the company’s growth and long term objectives. You must be hands on with a strong but fair personality/ethos
Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years experience in Accommodations Management in remote areas
• Must be degree qualified
• Highly numerate and able to run accounting procedures
• Competent to give presentation
• Excellent command of English
• Good negotiating skills.
• Highly personable.
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to create financial opportunities