This job is no longer available
Quality Control Manager
Definition and Nature of the Work
• Quality control managers are responsible for maintaining the quality and reliability of products and services. Some quality control managers are primarily concerned with determining whether finished products are of a specified quality. These specialists, often called quality assurance specialists, attempt to determine the causes of product defects that may be found. They then develop methods for reducing their occurrence.
• Quality control managers inspect and test products at various stages in the production process. They establish testing procedures to determine a product's dimensions and its mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
• They also may set up and perform testing on materials, parts, or finished products to measure product performance under a variety of conditions.
• Quality control managers are responsible for the documentation of test results. A manager or statistician will usually prepare the data in the form of a graph or chart.
• Quality control managers evaluate the data after testing. They prepare summaries to show how the product might differ from existing standards of quality and reliability.
• They may suggest changes in how products are made to achieve the best quality possible. They may also recommend methods to minimize the amount of scrap, or leftover material, which is thrown away after a product has been manufactured.
• Areas in which quality control managers may specialize include product design, purchasing, inventory control, or research and development.
• Process Improvement, Analyzing Information , Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Quality Engineering, Emphasizing Excellence, Pharmacology, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Dealing with Complexity
• Bachelors Degree/ Higher Diploma in any related field
• Minimum of 10 years experience in Dairy Plant Industry