This job is no longer available
Job Description and Requirements
International Relief and Development
International Relief and Development, (IRD) Inc. is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance in over 40 countries. IRD has been working in Jordan since 2006 and is currently recruiting a PR & Communications Officer for its projects. (Please note this is not an Expatriate position):
The PR & Communications Officer will be responsible for the following:
•Work with each programmatic unit to establish communication strategies and work plans.
•Work with each Program Manager to prepare the final draft of each
program report, as required by the donor.
•Provide assistance in Program Development as needed in research,
proposal writing, and fundraising.
•Proactive in engaging local media and HQ communications on field office
•Responsible for producing promotional material for IRD Jordan/Lebanon
•Conduct monthly research site visits for the production of success stories and articles.
•Main coordinator of all major public events for the office.
•Provide assistance as needed to Program Managers for the production of PR, PD materials, as well as project reporting.
•Ensure local IRD communication policy is applied in accordance with HQ
Communication Policy, as well as donor policies.
•Develop and maintain local IRD Jordan website and pages on Social Networking sites.
•Other duties as assigned.
BA in a communications-related field, such as public relations or journalism.
• 3 - 5 years of work experience
• Organization skills and time management
• Fluent in English/Arabic (spoken and written) and in translations between the two languages.
• Strong editing skills in both English and Arabic
• Comfortable with communications equipment (camera and publications software)
• comfortable putting together required materials under tight deadlines Proactive
• A cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
• Computer literate with high degree of proficiency and productivity
• Able to work comfortably and effectively with or without supervision, either at own initiative or under direction
• Ability to travel to the field as necessary.
Letters of Interest and CVs, together with a salary history that covers the last three years, should be submitted in ENGLISH by close of business April, 17th 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview and additionally undertake tests to measure their linguistic ability as appropriate to the position.