This job is no longer available
Commercial Services Buyer – Sales & Marketing
This is an exciting opportunity to manage sales and marketing services for one of the biggest FMCG Company. This is a pivotal buying role in the region. While the role is commercially focused, it requires commitment to deliver global Commercial strategy and at the same time, delivering cost reduction opportunities to the regional business. This job provides a great personal development opportunity particularly in the areas of business understanding, sourcing strategy development, negotiation skills and vendor selection and teamwork.
The jobholder will be based in the Dubai Office, reporting to the Regional Commercial Services Manager with marketing & sales team in the region.
Provide day-to-day management of sales & marketing services to ensure excellent execution of the Global sourcing strategies. It includes managing vendor base and building sound business relationships with our vendors, but also cost savings initiatives programs and new supplier’s developments.
The categories covered by the Sales & Marketing Services buyer are:
• Media Planning and Buying
• Above the Line creative activities and developing categories brands
• Below the Line activities
• Market Research
• Gain alignment on the relevant categories’ strategy with global and regional stakeholders (both Commercial and internal clients)
• Provide local expertise and market intelligence for the Global Category teams
• Ensure that the global contracts with key suppliers are cascaded down appropriately to the regional and local levels. Negotiate and sign the regional/local agreements.
• Determine internal client needs and communicate to the relevant global buyer for the category (if appropriate)
• Drive actions to implement sourcing strategies for the designated categories and deliver against cost savings activities
• Provide commercial expertise in introducing and approving new suppliers (supplier selection process and risk management)
• Drive efficiencies in maximizing the use of the right suppliers at a regional level where appropriate
• Accountability for setting up and running the key suppliers performance review on an on-going basis
• Act as point of escalation in cases of conflicting situation between the internal client and the suppliers
• Partner with internal clients to ensure compliance to the procure to pay policy and other governance processes in place (contracts in place, Purchase Orders approval, vendor creation, etc…)
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
The right candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of commercial / functional/technical experience, or in similar FMCG environment.
• Educated to degree level.
• Good understanding of supplier management
• Numerical skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Fluent in English (+additional language)
• Attention to detail
• Action oriented
• Negotiation skills
• Conflict management
• Drive for results
• Customer Focus
• Time Management
• Team player
• Priority Setting
• Technical Learning
• Presentation and Communication skills