This job is no longer available
Our client, a global Express & Logistics solutions provider, well-known for providing fast & reliable delivery to countries & territories worldwide, is currently seeking a Financial Accountant.
• Performs monthly, quarterly & annual compliance reports to ensure legal and regulatory compliance and provide accurate information & reports to internal, statutory and government auditors.
• Coordinates defined parts of the accounting process for the Global Service Partners ensuring that all charges are justified & accounted for in accordance with contractual & regulatory requirements
• Performs revenue accrual & defined analysis & research of items that impact the revenue results for the month which enables computation of accurate yield estimates of unbilled packages
• Performs defined procedural reviews of key items e.g. issues with vendors, pay-cycle reviews or contract procedure compliance reviews. Co-ordinates specific actions as needed with other Departments
• Performs defined reviews of key types of payroll data to ensure accuracy & compliance of all payments with P&P, systems entries & regulatory requirements
• Ensures effective cash management by monitoring the ongoing cash position & then ensuring sufficient funding is available to meet business needs. Includes requesting funding or forecasting surplus funds in accordance with corporate and local guidelines. Conducts defined audits of specific cash procedures within the business.
• Supports a timely & legally compliant month end close of all accounts by performing miscellaneous duties relating to Balance Sheet/Profit & Loss trend reviews, accrual entries, inter-company, Accounts Payable /Asset Management close, pensions accounts and subsequent reporting.
• Produces accurate & timely month & year -end tax & social filings for one or more countries, as per country specific regulations & requirements
• Qualified Chartered Accountant
• Experienced in applying financial accounting principles & practices in multiple areas of accounting in an audit or commercial environment plus experience identifying & addressing control risks
• Good knowledge of fiscal and local statutory accounting regulations & requirements (tax, VAT, statutory accounting, payroll, pensions etc), key processes & control mechanisms plus a good knowledge of U.S. GAAP
• Experienced in providing interpretation on financial policies & procedures
• Experienced in working with external bodies e.g. auditors, government depts.
• Good written & verbal communication skills, good command in English
• Excellent numerical & good reconciliation skills
• Good planning, organising, project management skills
• Good p.c. skills /competent in using a word processing & spreadsheet packages
• Competent in the use of financial systems with a good understanding of the capabilities of financial systems