This job is no longer available
Our client is a specialist in temperature-controlled storage and distribution providing customized supply chain solutions mainly to the Food/ FMCG industry. They are now seeking to hire a results-driven and customer-oriented DC Operations Manager. The role is based in Dubai, UAE.
The role will be responsible for the efficiency of the overall operations of the warehousing and distribution functions of the company.
- Manage the efficient flow of the entire Distribution Centre operations such as receiving inbound shipment, storing, store/customer order fulfilment, and delivery of products to customers
- Ensure compliance to quality standards in receiving and storing products and ensure proper product rotation
- Manage, monitor and report inventory levels by ensuring physical stock counts are correct and in line with company and auditors requirements.
- Develop and institute warehouse and equipment maintenance program, including safety and sanitation.
- Manage and monitor KPI’s to meet performance Service Standards
- Ensure proper implementation of warehouse management system.
- At least 5 years relevant management experience in Food/ FMCG; preferably with experience in temperature-controlled Distribution Centres.
- BS Industrial Engineer, or equivalent qualification in Logistics/ Supply Chain
- Strong people management experience and skills with the ability to manage & develop a multinational team to deliver quality performance in a fast paced and challenging market.
- Very good communication skills in English
- Experience in Distribution Management Systems (IT)