This job is no longer available
Our client, a multi-national consulting organisation is looking to recruit a Delivery Manager
The Delivery Manager is a key role in the program, reporting to the Program Director and having line management responsibility for most of the technical staff in multiple teams across the country. Effectively the project manager (in traditional terms), this individual is responsible for the supervision of delivery progress for both phases of the project. Supported by three geographical teams, they will drive technical progress and report on it, maintain critical contractual information such as risks and issues and collate reporting on company’s financial position. They will be responsible for the weekly and monthly delivery progress, risk and issues reporting to the client and for resourcing within their teams. They will play a proactive role in identifying opportunities to reduce project delays and encouraging the system suppliers to implement the law enforcement and traffic management & security solutions in line with international best practice.
The candidate should have experience of delivering to or supervising Build, Operate, Transfer and Build, Transfer, Maintain contract models and demonstrate a track record in managing projects to demanding timescales and budgets. Ideally, the candidate will have a background in delivering complex end-to-end ITS solutions such as law enforcement, traffic management technologies (CCTV, Urban Traffic Control, ANPR/LPR, Integrated Traffic Management Systems and traffic control centers).
Suitable candidates are likely to have worked in complex technology projects for at least 8 years, and would be of an age and presentation to back up their management direction with authority and gravitas.
The preferred candidate will be :
• A people person - skilled at consensus building and engaging with diverse stakeholder groups. Able to present a collaborative/partnership approach, achieving progress by mutual cooperation and compromise.;
• A professional project/programme manager, perhaps having project delivery experience gained from Power, Defence, IT, Electronics, telecom or related industries. ;
• Experienced in a PMO working environment (professional services);
• Exposed previously to work in the Middle East or other overseas markets, ideally for government related projects;
• A motivational individual for his team and a sound negotiator with his client and stakeholders;
Frequent Travel required.