This job is no longer available
Located in Doha, the capital of Qatar, Sidra Medical & Research Center is a state-of-the-art facility that will focus primarily on women’s and children’s healthcare.
While providing world-class healthcare services, the center will also be an environment of learning for medical students and residents, encompassing cooperative national and international research.
Scheduled to open in late 2012, it is set to transform the healthcare landscape in Qatar, the Gulf Region and internationally.
The world-class caliber of Sidra is reflected in the center’s innovative design, in its use of the most modern and state-of-the-art technologies.
Reporting to the CMO, the Executive Director of The Medical Staff Services is responsible for the management of the medical staff organization, including credentialing, reappointment, Joint Commission (Medical Staff section) standards, institutional review, bylaws and policies, fair hearing processes, and physician CME coordination, and assists in physician recruitment. The Executive Director will initiate, implement and facilitate the initial and ongoing primary source verification program and for the Medical Staff and selected allied health professionals for credentialing and re-credentialing; meeting management; flow of information from medical staff committees through the Medical Executive Committee and the Governing Board; physician relations; and credentialing system maintenance.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
• Assists with JCI survey preparation for the medical staff/leadership function.
• Oversees the daily operations of the Medical Services Department.
• Prepares yearly and monthly budget for department.
• Works collaboratively with the Human Resource Department regarding certain aspects of physician recruitment.
• Organizes and directs a comprehensive and specialized credentialing program to assure continued accreditation by Joint Commission International (JCI) and other regulatory organizations.
• Interprets, explains and follows all regulatory guidelines, including medical staff bylaws, fair hearing plan, rules and regulations and policies.
• Maintains systems to identify (and disseminate to others) medical staff members and their clinical privileges, prepares and maintains other related records and reports.
• Orients new members of the medical staff to pertinent medical staff policies.
• Evaluates employees’ performance and counsels as appropriate.
• Orients and trains new employees; resolves employee work-related, morale and relationship problems.
• Responsible for planning, organizing, prioritizing, and directing the activities of Medical Staff Services and maintaining MSS Master Calendar.
• Responsible for maintenance of physician information databases.
• Ensures all personnel are continually in compliance with all training, testing, and regulatory requirements and assists in all promotional and professional development processes.
• Monitors the policies and procedures of Medical Staff Services and updates as necessary.
• Works on special projects as assigned.
• Processes applications for medical staff appointment of all practitioners, allied health professionals and physician extenders with strict attention to TJC/JCI standards and requirements set out in Sidra Medical and Research Center medical staff bylaws and Physician rules and regulations.
• Updates CMO and Credentials Committee Chairman on status of physician appointments, including problem applications or questionable items during the credentialing process.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding all matters concerning medical staff business in a manner so that the medical staff expresses confidence in the Medical Staff
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• BS plus 7 years experience in MSS administrative;
• Equivalent of five years experience at the executive/administrative level, preferable in Medical Staff Services;
• Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or a Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS);
• Proficient word processing, spreadsheet, Outlook, internet skills required, and ability to learn and use company software applications.
• Preference for experience in an Academic Medical Center;
• Dual Certification is preferred;
• Proficiency in medical credentialing software operations.
BS plus 7 years experience in MSS administrative;