This job is no longer available
Main Scope of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Approval of credit applications, transactions, exceptions and other extension of credit within his delegated credit approval authority and as required by the Bank’s credit policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the bank’s overall credit underwritings are in strict adherence to the relevant regulatory requirements.
• Support the Chief Credit Officer (CCO) and Chief Risk Officer (CRO) in establishing and embedding a strong risk management culture, which promotes good and thorough analysis, sound judgment, undoubted integrity of processes and decisions, well thought out flexibility and appropriate balance between risk and reward, within the bank.
• Monitor and manage the credit portfolio under his direct responsibility in a manner that sustains a high credit quality and minimizes non performing loans.
• On an ongoing basis, participate in the coaching and training of credit officers, products specialists and relationship managers.
• Reports directly to the Chief Credit Officer (CCO).
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of ten (10) years relevant lending and credit-related experience, the last three (3) years of which are in a credit approval role.
• Appropriate risk training, including an acceptable course in early problem recognition and remedial management
• Experience in different business, functional and/or geographic environments.
• Sound knowledge of the relevant customer, industry and product range.
• Remedial management experience.
• Acceptable track record with respect to individual exposures and/or portfolios that have been approved by the individual or have been under his or her responsibility.
Technical Credit Skills
• Sound knowledge of credit policies and practices and the ability to apply them in practice.
• Sound knowledge of macroeconomic factors and country/sovereign risks and policies.
• Sound knowledge of portfolio management techniques and risk rating policies.
• Sound knowledge of the legal environment and documentation requirements.
Risk Assessment Skills
• Superior credit risk assessment skills, including counterparty analysis,
transaction origination and structuring, early problem recognition and effective
• Sound knowledge of credit risk planning and monitoring, including target
marketing, portfolio planning, and scenario planning.
• Sound knowledge of price, liquidity and underwriting risks and of market risk
• Sensitivity to and awareness of strategic, franchise, reputation and compliance risks.
• Undoubted professional and personal integrity
• Demonstrated independence, leadership and judgment.
• Strong coaching and training skills.
• Good judge of character and developer of other credit officers.
• Good listening and communication skills.
• Willingness to consult and to seek other views when unsure.
• Attention to detail and a questioning mind.
• The ability to look at the “big picture” and identify the key issues and risks.
• Balance, and the ability to weigh up risk and reward.
• Decisiveness, and the ability to make difficult or unpopular decisions, especially
under pressure. The ability to say “No” when required.
• Nationality – open
• Job Location – Bahrain
• Salary Package – Attractive Renumeration + Benefits
• Certifications/Educational Degree - Bachelor Degree in any related field
• Joining Date – As soon as possible