This job is no longer available
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Quality Control Supervisor to assist the Quality Liaison with compliance activities and internal and external audits as well as assisting with the standing up of the client with an AS9110 certification at specific site of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assume the duties of the Quality Liaison during extended period absences of the QL.
- Shall maintain a prominent presence at the site of responsibility to ensure client Quality coverage.
- Shall review, develop and create procedures and process to ensure aerospace “Best Practices” are being implemented and maintained at site.
- Shall train and coach site Quality departments on new policies, procedures and process as implemented and for continuous improvement.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Quality Control Inspectors, which includes Quality Assurance (QA) Inspection, Product Improvement, and Technical Order functions. Shall assist client Quality with all initiatives for establishing a world class Quality management System and Safety Management System.
- Ensure and monitor the Management system has the necessary extant and scope of approval, Airworthiness Data, Training, Manpower Resources and Tooling to undertake the work prior to any contracts being agreed and signed.
- Monitor the Quality Control Section duties, Internal audit, and safety, health and environment activities and ensure that all regulatory, company and customer requirements are complied with.
- Supervision of Technical Library for revision, updates and distribution of Mandatory Technical Information to all relevant technical staff.
- Coordinate incident/accident investigations and prepare the required reports thereof as per client requirement and customer satisfaction.
- Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments.
- Management of staff Authorization and control of certifying personal in accordance with client Quality Manual/Technical Procedure Manual requirements.
- Control and implementation of effective Quality Audit surveillance programs and monitoring of incomplete NCR follow -up until completion as per client Quality Manual/ Technical Procedure Manual.
Observe and monitor technical and personal evaluation, training and qualification, action as necessary to ensure all assigned employees are certified to cover the full spectrum of work centre requirements as specified.
- Shall perform internal and external audits to ensure compliance with all client policies, procedures, standards and regulation. Responsible for assisting, supervising and directing a team of site generated auditors to perform and report findings as well as corrective action plans for all departments.
- Shall assist the Quality Liaisonwith the Gap analysis to AS9110.
- Oversee the initiation, requests for and the follow-up of corrective/preventive actions internal/external audits findings.
- Together with the QualityLiaison and other Quality managers, oversee the Company AS9110 program.
- Provide technical assistance at the request of all shop personnel and customers as required.
In addition, the candidate must have considerable Aviation Quality Control experience at a senior level and experience in management of personnel. The candidate should also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with peers at all levels throughout the work environment. Finally, the candidate must have a thorough knowledge of applicableregulations, as well as industry quality standards, and a proven track record of successfully meeting these in aaerospace environment.
Experience and Education:
- B.S. degree in an Aerospace discipline or closely related field (desirable)
- 15 to 20 years documented experience in the aviation maintenance field both civilian and military.
- 10 years’ experience in aviation Quality Control
- 5 years’ experience in direct responsibility and supervision of a Quality Control department
- Should have experience in Pilatus aircraft.
- Aircraft Maintenance and Quality Control background, with strong emphasis on military products.