This job is no longer available
- Manage assigned customer and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with business objectives
- Calling prospective customers/businesses selling Safmarine features and benefits, with the ultimate objective of landing new business and/or growing existing business. Prospects will be derived from various internal and external sources. Prospects and leads will be made up of varying degrees of qualification ranging from completely pre-qualified to un-qualified. Therefore, responsibilities include both hunting for new prospects, and closing "hot" opportunities through strong interpersonal and sales skills.
- Maintain a current account base of approximately 50-100 active customers performing regular sales maintenance, relationship building and new opportunity identification calls in accordance with the required call cycles for the accounts. The primary objective is to maintain and / or grow business organically that is line with desired volume / yield / price requirements as set by the Jordan Cluster Top/Cluster Sales Manager
- Create, formulate and manage service contracts with customers. Communicate service or rate changes, notable trends, policies and other relevant information to assigned accounts.
- Identify potential problems and qualify them in an effort to prevent service failures.
- Establish internal network in Jordan, the Jordan Cluster and globally to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Participate in specific business campaigns requiring both the execution sales activities mentioned above, and from time to time, also providing input to the methods, collateral requirements, messaging and marketing approach of the campaigns.
- Ensure all contacts, call statistics, opportunities, and activities are recorded accurately and reported regularly using Salesforce
- Together with Customer Service/Sales Support for Jordan, build understanding of all service offerings, including but not limited to Ecommerce, to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Introduce Safmarine name/services/scope to new and unknown customers as identified
- Other responsibilities as directed by management.
Position Specifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor in Business Administration preferred
- 2-3 years experience in sales or a sales support role is required
- Excellent verbal communication skills in both Arabic and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- The ability to handle objections and ambiguous situations is a must