Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
M-HQ Ltd. (Dubai Branch)
PRIME RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
This is a newly created position, working closely with the Managing Partner of Rethink (Auditing and Accounting Services). This position has been created to start and manage the external audit services of the company. We are looking for an individual that has the ability to work independently to build the audit function with little supervision, perform audits for our clients, sign off on all audits, and implement best practices and controls. Additional responsibilities are listed below.
External Audit Responsibilities:
• Create audit methodology and strategy.
• Devise audit plans and manage all other aspects of client liaison.
• Manage audit engagements.
• Perform overall Business & Audit Risk assessments for clients.
• Develop client relationships with existing clients and business development of prospective future clients.
• Create presentation material for current and prospective clients.
• Provide input in regards to pricing of audit engagements.
• Future responsibilities will be to build and manage the audit team, as client base grows.
• Ensure issues raised are appropriately resolved in a timely manner.
• Examine the audit reports and approve the issuance of final audit reports.
• Ensure audit reports are delivered in a timely manner and all professionals standards are met.
Rethink Management Responsibilities:
• Work with the Managing Partner to implement the business strategy.
• Assist with the creation of policies and procedures throughout the service offering.
• Work closely with the accounting outsource service function, to correctly set up the controls and accounting for clients.
• Act as technical accounting specialist for all accounting issues.
• Provide support in the hiring, training, and motivation of future staff.
Group Finance team Responsibilities:
• Develop policies, procedures, and controls for the internal group finance and accounting function.
• Support the audit of the group of companies, and liaise with external auditors.
• Assist with the implementation of new systems for both Rethink and the group.
• Provide leadership and technical expertise.
• Audit Clients
• Managing Partner Rethink
• Rethink accounting and outsource team
• Group Finance team
• Group Legal/CS team
• Managing Partner of the Group
• Legal/CS CFO
• 3rd party service providers
• ESSENTIAL chacteristics;
o At least 4-8 years of auditing experience from a well-known international audit firm.
o Expert in IFRS and IAS.
o CA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent qualification.
o Perfect written and spoken English.
o Excellent technical and systems skill.
o High level of communication skills.
o Highly discrete and able to uphold the utmost confidentiality.
o Self-confident and very proactive.
o Prepared to be hands-on to achieve results and maintain deadlines.
• IMPORTANT characteristics;
o Experienced with system and process implementation.
o Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of client companies and related parties.
o Confident and presentable.
o Desire to work in a fast growing start-up type environment and have their hands in multiple areas of the business.
o Culturally aware and sensitive.
o International business experience.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Accounting/Auditing
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
- Joining Date: 2014-06-15
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: $6,000 - $7,000
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Degree: Bachelor's degree
We are a market-leading boutique legal, fiduciary, corporate services, auditing, and accounting outsource service company, with offices in the UAE. Our group consists of both established operations and start-up entities. We work in a fast moving, customer focused environment. The group has been experiencing significant growth in its established business lines, as well as adding a startup auditing and accounting outsource firm. We are looking for top caliber candidates that are prepared to add value on day one and involve themselves in multiple areas and projects of the group. As a small and growing group, we strive to provide a fulfilling, rewarding, and fun work atmosphere.