Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Head of Human Resources
Majid Al Futtaim - VOX Cinemas
Job Purpose: To be a key member of the senior executive team and lead the HR function throughout the region and operating countries by supporting the development of Business Strategy and direction of VOX Cinemas to be the chosen entertainment destination in all markets it operates.
HR Strategy and Corporate Responsibilities:
• Participate in and manage the implementation of Human Resources projects and initiatives through the HR team.
• Lead and manage reporting team members. Encourage the ongoing development of the team and actively coach.
• Lead the development of department goals, objectives and systems.
• Develop annual Human Resources Budget and strategy to advance the company’s mission and objectives including Human Resource services, employee recognition, company get together activities and administration.
• Support the Line Management to evaluate present and future needs of the organization to maintain staffing level within budget parameters and aligned to the overall business strategy.
Compensation and Benefits
• Implementation of the grading and benefit structures in the business to successfully maintain a coherent organizational structure.
• Conduct ongoing job evaluation for new and existing roles within the organization to align roles within the grading and the organizational structure.
• Undertake bench-mark studies to ensure that the VOX Cinemas employment terms and conditions are in line with market practices and compliant with country laws.
• Ensure proper development and implementation of new markets salary structures
• Closely co-ordinate and monitor all payroll related processes with respect to cost center management, timely processing of leaves, overtime, deduction, expense claims as per Delegation of Authority.
• Closely monitor the handling of personal files and document processing.
• Confer with Government Relations Department on optimizing prevailing labour law regulations to obtain and process employment visas at the pace of business requirements.
• Ensure employment practice in every country is on par with prevalent labour law requirements.
• Communicate Legal Labour requirement updates to Senior Management.
• Strategically link between the recruitment team and the business to overall ensure close communication, tracking of vacancies as per approved budget, cross fertilize initiatives across the business and the operating countries.
• Responsible for recruitment and selection process of middle and upper management.
• Ensure job descriptions are completed for each role aligned with the overall business strategy and signed off and are classified within appropriate grades.
• Ensure that Department Heads conduct regular review meetings with team members to monitor performance goals and achievement of business objectives.
• Document company wide performance management records and provide feedback to Business on performance trends.
Employee Relations and Retention
• Work with relevant managers to identify and resolve any HR related issues they may have inhibit productivity and employee morale. As necessary, ensure employee relations issues are resolved in accordance with the company’s discipline and grievance procedure.
• Improve staff motivation. Carry out exit interviews to ascertain reasons for turnover.
• Make recommendations to Ventures HR Function backed by analysis and supporting data for improving the effectiveness of the companies HR policies, employee relations and staff retention.
• Manage probationary period process to maintain high performance standards
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations and training and development.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources Staff members
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction
• Achievement Drive
• Conceptual Thinking
• Building Relationships
• Taking Ownership
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Entertainment
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Human Resources and Recruitment
- Joining Date: 2014-09-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 7 Max: 10
- Degree: Bachelor's degree