Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
…is looking for an Editorial Lead for our internal creative agency Flaming Head.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a multitalented editorial champion who is totally at home with and lives for the new ways of telling stories in the ever evolving new media landscape.
Today you might work at a cross-platform publication looking after editorial content spanning from one medium to the other. You might be writing and developing content and content strategies for a brand or brands at a content marketing / digital agency or you might be a consultant helping brands and publishers understand this new editorial landscape.
No matter what background you have you need to live and breathe transmedia storytelling and be a natural at creating narrative and stories that take users on a journey from social media to an online video and all the way to a magazine or vice versa. A doer and leader that can roll up his / her sleeves when needed but who can also maintain a healthy perspective and drive the bigger picture and who can push his team and his colleagues constantly to dream bigger.
Your role in a nutshell
You will be working with a world-class team of content marketing experts and creatives defining the dubizzle approach to editorial content across all media as well as helping develop our overall content strategy.
You’ll lead the development and will be the guardian of dubizzle tonality and copy / editorial style in English as well managing and building a team of editorial rockstars - experts both in English and Arabic.
You’ll be responsible for
• Defining and developing the dubizzle approach to editorial content across all media.
• Defining, developing and safeguarding the dubizzle tonality and copy / editorial style in English.
• Creating and driving the dubizzle regional content strategy with the Senior Content Manager and the other Content Team leads.
• Producing engaging editorial content across all media that delivers and builds the dubizzle message of disrupting consumer exploitation in the region and globally.
• Ensuring the our creative concepts are world class and that our brand message is delivered in an engaging way by acting as the executive producer and creative mastermind in all our editorial content productions.
• Working together with the wider agency team to align objectives and activities and create world class creative concepts with compelling content as the core.
• Supporting the Head of Innovation & Research with the launch of NewNew - our global platform for collaborative economy and disruption / innovation.
• Supporting and consulting the local PMM’s regarding their local editorial and copy / content related activities.
• Building and managing a world-class team of storytellers internally and building and nurturing an external partner network to manage and scale the production of our content streams.
The experience we hope you possess
• 5-8 years of experience in creating compelling editorial content and creative concepts in a transmedia setting.
• Strong experience and skills in English copywriting and long-form writing.
• Experience, understanding of and passion for the MENA region and culture as well as the concept of collaborative economy.
• Experience in managing a virtual team across multiple countries and timezones.
• Deep understanding of modern creative storytelling bridging different media as well as virtual and physical.
Flaming Head is the internal agency at dubizzle. We like to think ourselves as a supercharged content creation machine. We believe in the power of content and letting our actions speak louder than words. In doing instead of talking. In creating content and activities that have real meaning in and add value to the lives of our users and audience and through that making sure that the dubizzle message spreads like wildfire across the region and the world.
You won’t find ad guys here. Instead you’ll work with energetic modern day multitalented digital natives, “Da Vincis”, who are passionate about creating marketing that drives real change in society and in peoples lives and also delivers on the targets set for us in the most creative and efficient way.
dubizzle.com is the leading classifieds platform in Middle-East and Africa. Founded in Dubai in 2005 by two entrepreneurs we are more than 200 dubizzlers strong today while still keeping true to our startup roots with a company culture that is more Air BnB than Microsoft.
We are a mix 34 different nationalities and various talents - from kick-ass engineers, designers to sales aces and creative geniuses coming together to make a difference. Our purpose is simple; we are here to disrupt consumer exploitation. What does that mean? We believe in making a difference in people’s lives by providing them with a badass marketplace, a marketplace built upon an alternative, collaborative economy.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Advertising; Internet/E-commerce; Marketing
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Marketing and PR
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
dubizzle is a horizontal C2C free classifieds website that was started in 2005 in Dubai by two co-founders, J.C. Butler and Sim Whatley. Over eight years, dubizzle has grown to become the largest C2C platform in the MENA region. In the UAE, dubizzle is a mature business, and the largest local website, with approximately one half of the nation’s Internet population visiting our site at least once every month. Throughout the rest of the MENA region, dubizzle is growing with the goal to reach the same size and reach in each MENA country as it currently has in the UAE. Most notably in Egypt, dubizzle is the leading classifieds site and growing rapidly.
In 2010, dubizzle raised funding for the first time from a strategic partner, Naspers. Naspers invested in dubizzle for a 25% stake in order to help grow the business throughout the MENA region. Again in 2013, Naspers increased their stake in dubizzle in order to facilitate even more aggressive expansion, and secure their majority ownership in the business. Aside from funding, Naspers, brings an immense amount of knowledge in the e-commerce and classifieds space in emerging markets, as they are one of the largest classifieds and emerging market internet players globally. Their approach is hands off, yet supportive with strategy, training and knowledge sharing wherever needed.
Our people are from all over the world, with staff from over 30 different countries, speaking 13+ different languages. As of January 2013, we have over 170 staff regionally, with 150+ at HQ in Dubai. We believe in only hiring and retaining “A” players, and providing them a culture of context rather than control. We encourage creative ideas and testing those ideas with data. We like to ship early and ship often, test, and iterate.