Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Superintendent III ; Contract Specialist
• Bachelor degree (MBA preferred) from an accredited university in Engineering or related field plus minimum 10 years experience working in project/capital procurement including 5 years’ experience in writing and administrating different kinds of Contracts for Major Organizations in the Industrial or Construction fields.
• This position will support all activities in connection with strategic contracting, developing standardized project’s contracting approach, and implementation of the new contracting approach to the Global Growth Projects.
• Must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in global procurement, contracts, and strategic development. Minimum five years international business experience with chemical or industrial firm in the field of contract negotiation and drafting. Skills required are :
• Cost/Price/Economic Analysis - helps evaluate contracting options/approaches
• Vendor/Supplier Selection experience - helps develop the scope/key deliverables/requirements
• Market Research experience - ability to keep up with local markets to know leverage and how Cristal fits in at any given time in the market
• Proposal Analysis Skills - ability to convert proposals into the contract language and cross-check for completeness
• Negotiation experience - ability to negotiate specific clauses and terms that are critical for Cristal best interests.
• Drafting various kinds of Contracts (EPC; EPCM; Turnkey Service Agreement etc);and complete awareness of the Pros and Cons of these Contracts as toward the specific application.
• Ability to work closely with the Project team to understand the scope; and with Legal and Finance to develop the optimal contract to incorporate the scope.
• Professional Certifications such as Certified Management Accountant, Certified Professional Contract Manager, Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst, Awareness with the FIDIC contracts; etc.
• Responsibilities will include negotiating and managing contracts/purchases for Global Growth Projects, mentoring Cristal Global growth Project procurement leaders, developing and meeting project contracting timelines, developing supplier relationships (around contracting) while continuously maintaining accountability for all aspects of contracting strategy deployment and execution. Additionally, this role provides support as needed to manage resources effectively to support, develop, and execute value added to the business.
• Business Acumen
• Champions Change
• Customer Orientation
• Impact & Influence
• Innovation & creativity
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Relationship Building
• Champion of Process Change
• Communication Effectiveness
• Driving and Managing Teamwork (internal and external)
• Industry and Market Knowledge
• Managing execution against contracting timelines (accountability)
• Strategic Leadership
• Systemic Thinker
• Technical Knowledge
• BA/BS in Engineering, Procurement, Sourcing, Business
• Established background in projects or capital Procurement, with services/MRO exposure
• Manufacturing experience preferably in a production, logistics, or planning function.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including relationship building.
• Working Knowledge of SAP
• Ability to provide and recommend the best the contract type to fit the scope requirement.
• MS Excel Proficiency
- Job Location: Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Petrochemicals
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Purchasing/Procurement
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 10 Max: 15
- Residence Location: Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Degree: Bachelor's degree