Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Site Landscape Architect
We are currently looking for a Senior Site Landscape Architect with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience to join our team in Riyadh as a result of a newly awarded major infrastructure projects in Riyadh, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Buro Happold has been working on Wadi Hanifa for over 15 years as part of our 40 year relationship with the Arriyadh Development Agency. During this time we have developed the masterplanning, detailed design and modelling elements of the regeneration and overseen the construction of the Wadi - all of which has resulted in an Aga Khan Award winning linear park for the city of Riyadh.
This project relates to two areas that adjoin Wadi Hanifa - Wadi Namar and Wadi Al Batha - and involves the supervision and construction management of already designed works.
The Wadi Namar is a significant side Wadi that joins Wadi Hanifa from the West. This Wadi has a reasonable level and quality of dry weather flow and at its lower end is a lake created by a recharge dam. The enhancement scope involves the creation of an amenity on the water’s edge and on the escarpment overlooking the lake together with a link between the two.
The Wadi Al Batha joins Wadi Hanifa from the East and originates in the downtown area of Al Batha. It too has dry weather flow that is augmented by the outfall from the city sewage works and this project involves the upgrade of the dry weather channel and surrounding areas, again to create amenity, using the principles developed for the Wadi Hanifa scheme.
Buro Happold will use the experience gained in the Wadi Hanifa project to carry out the Construction Management and Coordination Services to the implementation phase of the project
Rewards and Benefits
Competitive basic salary
3x Annual flight allowance for Individual
Healthcare cover for Individual and Family Members
33 Days Annual Leave
Accidental death in service cover
2 x professional membership subscriptions
The Senior Site Landscape Architect will be a qualified professional who must have a minimum qualification BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent, Chartered status and more than ten years experience with five being similar to this project/role.
The Senior Site Landscape Architect will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing Buro Happolds reputation with our clients.
The Senior Site Landscape Architect will:
• Report to the Project Director
• Liaise with Ministry and Municipality surveyors
• Be responsible for the all survey works and setting out activities on site
• Liaise with the Project Director to co-ordinate the daily work load and organize the workload
• Prepare reports
• Ensure that the appropriate records are maintained to be able to assist in the checking of records.
• Interpret the current designs to develop final designs.
• Review contractor’s shop drawing.
• Review contractors’ materials submissions and mock-ups.
• Supervise contractor and their sub-contractors, including irrigation.
• Work closely with contractors to achieve clients objectives for the finished landscapes.
• The correct individual must have previous experience of working as a Site Landscape engineer on a large scale infrastructure projects
• Middle East Experience
• Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures both within projects, with clients and internally.
• Must be able to demonstrate previous experience of liaising and working directly with clients on site
- Job Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Engineering
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
We provide Hr Software to a range of companies across the globe