Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Coiled Tubing Drilling Engineer - CTD
Baker Hughes Incorporated
ABOUT THIS JOB
Provide technical and operational support for coil tubing drilling operations from the feasibility stage through project commencement, operations and wrap-up according to guidelines set out in the Integrated Management System (IMS). Performs coil tubing drilling engineering activities within area of geographical responsibility according to guidelines and processes set out in the IO Management System under guidance of Sr Drilling Engineer and CTD Project Manager, including feasibility studies and conceptual well design as well as operations. Interface between BHIO rig site execution team, regional engineering team, customer and product lines to ensure flawless job execution by preparing detailed procedures, capturing and recording NPT, lessons learned and identified risks for optimization of ongoing and future operations.
- Plan and perform coil tubing drilling engineering activities such as window milling, whipstock setting, sections drilling, hole conditioning, logging, completion running and cementing operations.
- Cost / Risk analysis and AFE preparation for coil tubing drilling operations
- Preparation of engineering design and operational plans for drilling of wells in area of responsibility including well planning, material and equipment selection, quality assurance and post-job evaluation
- Define equipment selection criteria and requirements
- Monitor and apply current best practices and technological advancements to all operations
- Participate in peer reviews, peer assists and other quality assurance activities related to drilling engineering
- Participate in team meetings and strategy discussions
- Monitor daily progress of job(s) or project(s)
- Ensure that actual well costs and other pre-defined KPIs are monitored and benchmarked against offset data and pre-defined well objectives
- Conduct post well evaluations of coil tubing drilling practices and effectiveness
- Communicate effectively with well site/project Engineers and operations staff on a daily and as needed basis, and make recommendations to engineers to optimize drilling performance
- Comply with BHI’s HSE policies and guidelines as per IO Management System. Contribute to improved HSE standards by setting example by safe work practices
- Adherance to processes and procedures as defined in the IO Management System
- Participate in implementation of QA procedures as per IO Management System and contractual requirements
- Conduct business according to our Code of Conduct and Core Values
- Well site engineering support may be required at times
- Participate in feasibility studies and tender bid preparation process as needed for drilling & well engineering input. This might include travel to other office locations
- Participate in and/or facilitate HAZID, HAZOP, and DWOP processes.
- Participate in and conduct customer presentations & meetings, as needed, including travel to other office locations
- Handle special projects, as assigned
- Keep abreast of technological and engineering process advancements through affiliation with professional societies and participation in networks, workshops, seminars and training courses
- Bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering or other industry-related four-year degree.
- 5+ years’ experience within coil tubing drilling wellsite engineering and operations support
- International work experience.
- Experience from both offshore and onshore operations.
- Familiar with coil tubing drilling window milling, whipstock setting, sections drilling, hole conditioning, logging, completion running and cementing operations.
- Knowledge of coil tubing well planning
- Forces and fatigue modelling using software such as Cerberus or Circa
- Hole cleaning analysis
- Hydraulics modelling
- Preparation of coil tubing drilling program
- Running HAZID and HAZOP workshops
- Coil Tubing drilling risk analysis
- AFE preparation
- Well Control certification
- Log analysis skills.
- Familiar with third party contract management.
- Intimate familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated proficiency in English (both oral and written skills).
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Previous experience working in a multi-disciplined team.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Effective communicator with all levels of company and customer personnel.
- Ability to work independently within a given framework.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 60,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals.
- Job Location: Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Oil/Gas
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
Baker Hughes serves the worldwide oil and natural gas industry with reservoir consulting and products and services for drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production. We are a leading provider for high-performance technology that creates value from oil and gas reservoirs. Virtually every product and service we provide is designed to lower costs, reduce risk or improve productivity during activities directly related to hydrocarbon extraction, advancing reservoir performance. Baker Hughes operates in over 90 countries serving independent, international and national oil companies. Our service network is organized into 23 Geomarkets operating in 9 regions and 2 hemispheres. Region and Geomarket management teams work to understand customer needs and coordinate delivery of individual products and comprehensive service solutions that include the right Baker Hughes technologies for the project.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.