Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
· Develop and float RFQ documents from the Project Specifications/Input from Engineering.
· Co-ordinate Technical Bid Evaluation, Do commercial Bid Evaluation and process activities to Purchase Order / Sub-Contract award
· Work within the established procedures to achieve a professional, ethical, reliable and cost effective total Procurement service through Market Research, Budget, and Estimating evaluations.
· Assist the Procurement, Project & Contracts Manager in the implementation of the procurement guidelines, policies & procedures.
· Develop and implement sourcing strategies & Investigate potential suppliers.
· Propose enquiries to specified and non-specified vendors and obtain quotations on time.
· Receive and evaluate bids (by Purchasing Committee, if applicable) as per standard evaluation criteria and negotiate payment terms and discounts with suppliers.
· Evaluate vendors’ proposals technically in compliance with project specifications.
· Prepare and issue Purchase Orders (POs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other related documents.
· Revise the costing for the post tender clarifications received and provide price and technical inputs to generate official Purchase Order.
· Suggest suitable technical alternatives whenever possible in coordination with the Design & Studies section and the Project Management section.
· Evaluate the supplier quotations against the tender requirements such as capacity, quantity, specifications, deviations, etc. Make comparative analysis of all the quantity & use the optimum solution.
· Interview supplier representatives regarding specifications, costs, inspection, and similar problems relating to materials, parts and equipment.
· Maintain an updated supplier database that consists of reliable and trustworthy sources.
· Ensure materials purchased are in line with the project specifications and industry practice.
· Review the terms and conditions of subcontract documentation to ensure contractual protection.
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in GCC in technical procurement
Good appreciation of market rates of items to be procured or sub-contracted
Excellent skills in negotiation, communication and analysis
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Construction/Civil Engineering
- Requirements : Recruitment Agency
- Job Role: Engineering
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
SHELTER Group is one of the leading international construction companies in Doha. We are the Main Contractors who also rendering the key services like, Finishing, Design & Build, Facility Management etc. We are searching for the skilled Professionals those can manage well our Construction Sites.