Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The post-doctoral fellow is a member of the research team, which investigates the genetic etiology of neurologic diseases and is expected to contribute to the success of the research program conducted by the team. The post-doctoral fellow will participate in the development of research projects, will conduct laboratory and computer based experiments and analyses, will participate in developing and adopting research methodology and approaches and will contribute to the internal and external reporting of research results. These activities are performed with progressively decreasing supervision from senior research team members with the goal of reaching independence.
1. Execution of research protocols under the supervision of the most senior member (Principal Scientist) of the research team, with limited guidance, while maintaining comprehensive records and documentation.
2. Development of new research protocols and projects within the broader research program.
3. Performance of literature searches and the application of basic scientific principles to the execution of the research protocols.
4. Production of research reports and abstracts and drafting quality manuscripts for submission in peer-reviewed journals and scientific periodicals.
5. Writing of mentored grant proposals to solicit research funds.
6. Participation in seminars, local, regional and international conferences, and specialty workshops.
7. Development of personal technical, computer and operation skills, related to the research program.
8. Provision of standard operating procedures for the related techniques, in compliance with the quality standards of the institution and center and all applicable safety measures, rules and regulations.
9. Attendance of training and capacity building workshops as required for skill building and for the execution of the research protocols.
10. Supervision of junior team members and graduate students and participation in educational activities, as required.
11. Management of procuring and using consumables, laboratory supplies, needed software, minor equipment and other assets.
12. Management of the data confidentially and with ethical integrity.
13. Performance of other duties commensurate with the position as required by the principal scientist.
1. Recent PhD in biomedical sciences or a related field
2. Laboratory and/or computational experience.
3. A reasonable publication record and record of active scientific engagement.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Favorable reports from referees.
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Biotechnology
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Teaching and Academics
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Degree: Doctorate
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.