Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Field Sales Representative
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
As a stable, secure, truly global company that's built on integrity, fairness and plain old hard work, Ritchie Bros. - the world’s largest industrial auctioneer - offers rewarding careers in auction operations, sales, finance, accounting, I.T. and internet services, marketing, HR, customer service and other roles. And we offer great benefits, ongoing training, growth opportunities, a culture built on teamwork, integrity and fun - and the chance to be part of something big.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers needs a Field Sales Representative to serve our customers in the Dubai/Qatar region. We are seeking an individual who may reside in Dubai and is willing to travel to Qatar on a weekly basis, or ideally an individual who has residency in Qatar.
What we offer:
The Field Sales Representative position within our company is the front line of our business, and is directly responsible for the generation of billions of dollars in gross auction proceeds every year. As we grow around the world, there are endless opportunities for strong salespeople to advance their careers - we've shown this over and over throughout our 55+ years in business. Here's how:
• Base salary + uncapped performance-based bonus.
• Comprehensive health insurance coverage.
• Employee Share Plan with company matching.
• Company car, fuel, laptop, IPad, smart phone and expense account.
The core of the job is to secure heavy equipment consignments and fill the auction yard with iron. To do this, you'll work with everyone from sole proprietors and major contractors to rental companies and manufacturers.
• Introduce and sell our services to current and future customers through prospecting, cold calling and account maintenance.
• Assist with equipment appraisals. We’re not brand loyal, so you'll be able to work with it all.
• Take a break from the road and work at the auction, where you can drive gear, catch bids and network with your customers and colleagues all in one place.
• Encourage potential buyers and sellers to come out to our auctions.
• Monitor the market and your competitors' services, prices, auctions and sales.
• Represent Ritchie Bros. at professional association conferences and trade shows.
• Work mostly on the road independently.
Here's what you bring:
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a structured outside / field sales role, and a consistent track-record of meeting / exceeding sales quotas and/or targets.
• The ability to travel 4 to 5 nights per week to cover the territory, as well as up to a week a few times per year to attend auctions and training.
• You’re competitive, but you never sacrifice integrity to win business.
• You’re relentlessly driven to seek new business. For you, time behind a desk is time lost.
• Strong presentation, strategic thinking, negotiation and closing skills to work within a competitive sales environment.
• A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships.
• It helps if you have equipment knowledge and experience working with construction equipment
• Strong communication skills, especially when it comes to listening.
• A head for numbers, and the ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting.
• You'll have to maintain a valid, clean driver's license.
• A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job.
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Construction; Sales
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Sales
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3 Max: 5
- Residence Location: Qatar
- Degree: Bachelor's degree
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world’s largest industrial auctioneer, selling more equipment to on-site and online bidders than any other company in the world. The Company has over 110 locations in more than 25 countries including 38 auction sites worldwide. Ritchie Bros. sells, through unreserved public auctions, a broad range of used and unused industrial assets, including equipment, trucks and other assets utilized in the construction, transportation, agricultural, material handling, mining, forestry, petroleum and marine industries. The Company maintains a web site at www.rbauction.com and sponsors an equipment wiki at www.RitchieWiki.com.