Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Apparel Pattern Cutter
Du'nayra Trading co.
1) Works in the Production Department.
2) Reports to Production Assistant.
3) Works very closely with the fashion designers to make pattern templates for new designs.
4) Creating the first production patterns from the fashion designer’s sketches or descriptions.
5) Creating the final Pattern design made with all the components needed to manufacture and produce Approved designs or products.
6) Examine sample garments on and off models and modify Patterns to achieve desired effects.
7) Direct and coordinate teams involved in garment cutting and constructing samples or finished garments.
8) Confer with fashion designers and in order to discuss design ideas.
9) Help in creating the Specification (spec) sheet - which lists the garment measurements, color schemes, construction and material types- for the production teams-.
10) Quality checks the produced garment to insure produced garments meets the approved patterns and designs.
11) Help management executives in creating standard size charts according to the production Factory needs.
12) Estimate how much a garment will cost to make, based on factors such as time and material requirements.
1) Excellent in English language.
2) Diploma or higher education in fashion.
3) 7-15 years of experience in fashion design field.
4) 5-7 years of experience as a pattern Maker.
5) Pattern construction and cutting skills.
6) Experience in Fashion - Sewing Machine Skills.
7) Experience in Manufacturing Sewn Products.
8) An interest in textiles, fashion, design and trend.
9) Knowledge of fabric types and their properties.
10) Excellent hand-sewing and machining skills.
11) Strong technical knowledge in apparel production procedures.
12) Strong technical knowledge of woven and knit fabric and their markets.
13) An interest in fashion and trends
14) The ability to interpret the Fashion designer’s drawings.
15) Good team working skills.
16) The ability to work quickly and accurately
17) Good math’s skills for measurements and calculations
18) The ability to assess first samples.
19) An eye for detail, shape and proportion.
20) Technical drawing skills (computer and hand).
21) Good concentration levels.
22) Detail oriented with strong follow through, able to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
23) High experience in software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc.
24) High experience in Design software packages, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator, Lectra, corel draw or any fashion design software’s.
25) Ability to work under pressure.
Education in Fashion
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Fashion Design
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Art/Design/Creative
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 3
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 7 Max: 15
- Degree: Bachelor's degree
Du’narya Trading Co. is a full service Uniform Company and career apparel at a great value to their customers. Du’nayra Uniforms product line includes uniforms for contemporary Hotels, Offices, Security Offices, Hospitals, Career Apparel and more. The Company also carries exclusive collection of branded Beauty and Spa uniforms, medical uniforms, nursing uniforms, nursing scrubs and other medical and Beauty accessories.