Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Construction Manager (Electrical) (based in Macau) - 19355
MCE Leisure (Philippines) Corporation
- Report to the Site Construction Manager
- Responsible for the coordination of all site issues related to Electrical matters of the projects
- Work closely with the MEP consultants and contractors to ensure the works are coordinated
- Work closely with the Retailer’s Work Package Inspectors to resolve the daily site issues and to ensure good working practices and the highest standards of workmanship through constant supervision on Electrical works
- Coordinate the submission of respective trades shop drawings by contractors and obtain the necessary approvals for the relevant parties
- Work closely with tenants’ contractors and witness Commissioning Electrical installations and record performance
- Keep file of Contract’s instructions and variations related to Electrical works. Check variations and their effect on following trades, services and associated details
- Assist the Site Construction Manager and Project Director to prepare the monthly site progress report
- To check ‘as built’ records and drawings and ensure O & M. manuals are completed, accurate and contain all necessary information required, ready for handing over at practical completion
To deliver retail property development projects on time, on budget (income & cost) and in good quality
To provide timely and comprehensive reports to ensure the Company is able to monitor all aspects of the development process.
To ensure documentation entered into is in accordance with the Company’s legal and insurance requirements.
Level of Work
- This is a senior role and the person is expected to operate reasonably autonomously in core areas of responsibility
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Construction / site management background, Retail and / or Mixed Use Projects
- Sound understanding of all elements of construction from pre-site activities to defective rectification.
- Sound understanding and ability to review site safety, construction programming, recovery programming and tenancy delivery programming, Extension of Time (EOT) claims, change order requests and quality control.
- Sound skills in reviewing and interpreting construction drawings and documentation
- Good understanding of MEP services + authority approval procedures required within a retail fitout
- Good understanding of retail design principles
- Experience in communicating with general contractors, sub-contractors, project consultants, and project team members.
- Able to manage time and prioritize activities in stressful situations
- Minimum 10-12 years post qualification experience 7 years in managerial position.
- To monitor construction in regards to safety, design conformance, quality, and programme.
- To oversee the site coordination of the Tenancy Delivery Process (TDP) that will efficiently open 80 to 100 new tenancies on one day ensuring the development principles of time, cost and quality are met.
- To provide input and practical solutions to construction challenges as they arise over the project horizon.
- Professionally qualified in Electrical Engineering or relevant qualifications with 10-12 years or more experience.
- Leadership & management experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience as a Construction Manager Electrical in constructing on-time, on-budget projects, taking into consideration change order/claims and schedule history for comparable projects.
- Demonstrated experience in achieving high-quality outcomes on similar projects
- Recent experience working for international construction companies on projects of similar nature or complex projects.
- Good command of Chinese and English.
- MS Project and / or Primavera programming experience.
- Relationship building - with partners and government approval authorities.
- Project management skills
- Presentation and report writing skills
- Language required - Must have English & Cantonese and Mandarin would be an advantage.
- IT skill requirements:
- Microsoft word
- Microsoft project
- Outlook / Lotus notes
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, Construction Diploma MEP Engineer; Building Engineer; this may be balance against relevant practical experience.
Electrical Engineering or related field
- Job Location: Macau
- Company Industry: Hospitality/Tourism/Travel
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 7 Max: 10
- Degree: Bachelor's degree
Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (NASDAQ: MPEL), through its Macau subsidiaries, is one of the largest employers in Macau with over 10,000 employees. It currently owns and operates City of Dreams (www.cityofdreamsmacau.com), its flagship integrated entertainment resort and home of The House of Dancing Water, the world's largest water-based performance; Altira Macau (www.altiramacau.com), a Forbes-Five-Star luxury hotel; and Mocha Clubs (www.mochaclubs.com), a series of lifestyle and entertainment clubs in Macau.
To apply or for more information,
please visit our website http://mycareer.melco-crown.com
Interested parties may also send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org