Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist will help develop the social media strategy for Group Of Companies handle and measure the success of social media efforts. He/she will be an integral member of the marketing team, and will work closely with internal marketing staff as well as outside agencies and vendors as needed.
• Creates and maintains external social media :Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Websites for group of companies and consistently updates and controls content and design.
• Manages credit union blogs, podcasts (audio and video) and social media communication, updates and manages communications daily.
• Maintains existing projects (., organizational and campaign pages on Facebook; organizational channels on YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin etc.) through continuous posting of relevant material;
• Researches and identify individuals “of influence” and affinity within social media spaces and the blogosphere for further strategic cultivation; cultivate as appropriate (., becoming a fan, friend, etc.; commenting on relevant blog posts, etc.), working in cooperation with other departments as appropriate.
• Works closely with Electronic Media Designer to design, test and implement various graphics and messaging for social media and marketing efforts.
• Handles the digital billboard messaging and coordination of staff contributions and compliance.
• Helps coordinates specific web site and e-mail promotions, personalized URLs and electronic projects that involve social media.
• Works with specialized staff to design and deliver social marketing communication on various mobile devices (Blackberry, iPhone, Android, other smart phones).
3 + years’ experience in managing online communities or social media for B2B and B2C businesses
- Strong written communication skills essential
- Must have a solid understanding of marketing communication
- English (Advanced level)
Deep knowledge and interest of social media, including a curiosity about latest industry trends, technology and changes.
•A successful track record of planning, testing, launching, monitoring, optimizing and measuring social media campaigns.
•Experience with web analytics software a big plus.
•Working knowledge of Apple Mac OSX, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
•Knowledge of both traditional and leading edge marketing principles and techniques.
•Must enjoy and be skilled at social media (regular Tweeter, etc).
•Must be detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
•Strong interpersonal and teamwork capabilities, ability to develop strong trust-based relationships.
•Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
•Excellent presentation skills.
•Ability to utilize advertising and/or sales promotion techniques.
•Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
•Ability to plan, organizes, and implements a range of social media programs and/or events.
•Ability to create, composes, and edits written and electronic materials.
•Ability to help guide and co-create member electronic advertisements.
•Knowledge of marketing concepts, including consumer behavior, planning, segmentation, demographics, public relations, and social media marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, E-Commerce or a closely related field.
- Job Location: Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry: Publishing
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Other
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 5
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3
- Residence Location: Kuwait
- Degree: Bachelor's degree