Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Early Years Primary Teaching Principal for Kindergarten
Education Consortium is opening a new Pre-School in Kuwait and looking for an enthusiastic and energetic female principal to join our team in October 2014.
You will work with young learners and need to be able to utilise the latest pedagogy to engage and inspire the students.
Applicants must be fluent English speaking graduates, recognised as teachers in the United Kingdom, USA, Canada, South Africa or Australia with a qualification in Early Childhood or Montessori.
You should possess excellent computer and administrative skills. A flexible working attitude is essential as are highly developed communication skills (job involves talking to staff, parents and other educational practitioners).
With effective time management, directs and coordinates educational, administrative, and counselling activities of Kindergarten/Primary School(s) by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Principal will also be required to teach classes as necessary. Local law requires this position to be held by a female.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and evaluates educational program to ensure conformance to local and international School Board standards
• Develops, coordinates, and implements educational and extracurricular programs through meetings with staff, review of teachers’ activities, and issuance of directives
• Confers with teachers, students, and parents concerning educational and behavioural problems in school
• Establishes and maintains relationships with community organisations and other schools to coordinate educational services
• Requisitions and allocates supplies, equipment, uniforms, furniture, and instructional material as needed
• Directs preparation of class schedules, cumulative records, and attendance reports
• Walks about school building and property to monitor health, safety, and security; also for parent and public tours
• Plans and monitors school budget
• Plans and directs building maintenance and school transportation, technology in the learning environment, and school management software
• Participates in efforts to drive registrations, marketing, branding, website development, and social media
• Participates in staffing and recruitment initiatives
• Develops and administers educational programs for students with mental or physical disabilities
• Oversees food and ancillary staff
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Master’s degree or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must possess a valid, recognised teaching qualification.
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
• Problem Solving
• Customer Service
• Interpersonal Skills
• Oral Communication
• Written Communication
• Visionary Leadership
• Change Management
• Managing People
• Quality Management
• Business Acumen
• Cost Consciousness
• Organisational Support
• Strategic Thinking
• Safety and Security
Must hold both a degree and recognised teaching qualification
- Job Location: Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry: Education, Training, and Library
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Teaching and Academics
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 10
- Gender: Female
- Degree: Bachelor's degree
Education Consortium is a non-profit organisation that works in the public and private sectors across the GCC on initiatives strategically designed to strengthen and embolden school leadership, engage students and empower Communities, Educators, Businesses, Governments and Academic Institutions. Based in Kuwait, our initiatives often spark collaborations in multiple communities and inform policy discussions at the country level. We bring resources, improvements, and community support. We relentlessly advocate for excellence and equity in education for all students. Our work is inspired and driven by an unshakable belief that education is fundamental to a democratic society.