Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Quality Engineer
The quality assurance engineer shall defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments should work collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in process testing results. The QE must have the ability to automate/create scripts using any automation testing tools.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Carry out exploratory testing within an agile development environment.
• Organize QA for projects and collaborate with other QA engineers as needed.
• Collaborate closely with developers, product managers and support engineers to correctly identify priorities and resolve issues.
• Prioritize, schedule and complete testing required for multiple applications with overlapping schedules.
• Assess and advise with best practices for enhancing application quality in terms of development process, release, and support.
• Develop test tools, and extend test frameworks and test environments.
• Improve the quality of developer output via training, automation, coaching and process changes.
• Track and report bugs using appropriate tools and raise an alert when an important issue to be handled.
• Document and maintain all documentation related to any of the above tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
• At least three years minimum of software test experience.
• High analysis and reporting skills.
• Excellent Command in English.
• Development/technical Background is a plus.
- Job Location: Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry: Internet/E-commerce
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Technology/IT
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3 Max: 10
- Residence Location: Jordan
- Nationality: Jordan
- Degree: Bachelor's degree
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1.5 million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.