Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
RADIOLOGY TECHNICIAN - AZRAQ Red Cross/Red Crescent Hospital
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 187 member National Societies. The Organisation acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality).
The ongoing crisis in Syria has so far forced the migration of over 2 million refugees to neighboring countries. In Jordan, many refugees sought refuge in camps. As the existing camps are nearing saturation, the Jordanian authorities have opted for the creation of a new refugee camp in Azraq, which is currently under construction. The IFRC was approached to setup a referral level hospital facility. This hospital functions as a 24/7 secondary level health care facility in the camp. The inpatient capacity will be up to 130 beds, providing obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, surgical services and general medicine services.
The hospital consists of one operating theater, a delivery suite, inpatient wards and treatment areas, an x-ray and a laboratory. It also provides an outpatient department for referral consultations as well as an emergency room. The hospital is planned to open with 40 beds and the bed capacity will gradually increase as the camp population increases.
X-ray Technician Position purpose:
• X-ray technician supports the hospital clinical services by providing routine radiology imaging, procedures and tasks. Follows well-defined criteria under the supervision of the Radiology in-charge technician.
Description of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• To plan and set-up the hospital X-Ray department according to defined standards as required by the MoH and the X ray expatriate supervisor
• To perform defined basic radiology investigations as requested
• To maintain radiology stock control system
• To maintain proper storage conditions for all laboratory equipment and materials
Skills and Qualifications
• Registered radiology technician in Jordan
• Good level of spoken and written English
• Up-to-date professional skills in radiology technology
Salary and Allowances:
• Remote location allowance and transportation between Amman and Azraq will be provide by the employer
• Willingness to work in Azraq Refugee camp in a remote location
• The hospital is new with modern patient care facilities
• Willingness to work 12 hr shifts/ 48 hr week
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th May, 2014 - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer
- Job Location: Jordan
- Company Industry: Medical/Hospital
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career