Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
In-Charge Nurses and Night Shift Nursing Supervisors - AZRAQ Red Cross/Red Crescent Hospital
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 187 member National Societies. The Organisation acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality).
The ongoing crisis in Syria has resulted in the migration of over 2 million refugees to neighboring countries. In Jordan, many refugees seek refuge in camps. As the existing camps are nearing saturation, the Jordanian authorities have opted for the creation of a new refugee camp in Azraq, which opened on April 30, 2014.
This hospital functions as a secondary level health care facility in Azraq camp and the beneficiaries are the Syrian refugee population residing in the camp.
The hospital consists of one operating theater, a delivery suite, inpatient wards and treatment areas, an x-ray and a laboratory. It also provides an outpatient department for referral consultations as well as an emergency room. The hospital is planned to open with 40 beds and the bed capacity will gradually increase as the camp population increases.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned unit, directing and developing nursing staff, collaborating with the international and multidisciplinary professional hospital team
Examples of main activities:
• Monitors the quality of care given to patients in the hospital and follows up on the use of set nursing care protocols and procedures
• Maintains an overview of unit needs, daily management and problem solving of the unit
• Prepares/approves scheduling for the nursing staff of the unit so that the operational needs are met
• Coaches and counsels the unit nursing staff, plans, monitors and appraises nursing staff results
• Night shift supervisors function as nurse managers for the whole hospital between 8pm - 8am
Skills and Qualifications:
• Registered nurse in Jordan (Bachelor Degree level licensed nurse)
• Good level of spoken and written English
• Solid nursing management experience
• Up-to-date in clinical nursing
• Willingness to work in Azraq Refugee Camp during long hours and demanding conditions
• The hospital is new and with modern patient care facilities
• Willingness to work in 12 hour shifts / 48 hour working week
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th May, 2014 - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer
- Job Location: Jordan
- Company Industry: Medical/Hospital
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Number of Vacancies: 3
- Career Level: Mid Career