Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Hospital Porters - AZRAQ Red Cross/Red Crescent Hospital
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Hospital Porters : Delivery suite, Operating Room, Emergency Room and Hospital Wards
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 187 member National Societies. The Organisation acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality).
The ongoing crisis in Syria has resulted in migration of over 2 million refugees to neighboring countries. In Jordan, many refugees seek refuge in camps. As the existing camps are nearing saturation, the Jordanian authorities have opted for the creation of a new refugee camp in Azraq, which opened on April 30. 2014..
The Red Cross/Crescent was approached by stakeholders to setup a referral level hospital facility. This hospital functions as a secondary level health care facility in Azraq camp and the beneficiaries are the Syrian refugee population residing in the camp.
The hospital consists of one operating theater, a delivery suite, inpatient wards and treatment areas, an x-ray and a laboratory. It also provides an outpatient department for referral consultations as well as an emergency room. The hospital is planned to open with 40 beds and the bed capacity will gradually increase as the camp population increases.
• Perform supporting portering services in the hospital
Skills and Qualifications:
• Previous experience of hospital porter/ orderly duties
• Willingness to work in a remote are in Azraq Refugee Camp
• The hospital is new and with modern patient care facilities
• Willingness to work in 12 hour shifts / 48 hour working week
• Remote area allowances and transport between Amman and Azraq is provided by the employer
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th May, 2014 - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer
- Job Location: Jordan
- Company Industry: Medical/Hospital
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career