Sr. Cloud Operations Engineer
Suwaidish Technologies is on a mission to power eCommerce regionally and globally and is seeking experienced Cloud Operations Engineer to help us scale our technology to the next level. You’ll work closely with other Software Engineers to decompose our product _SAAS eCommerce Website Builder Platform_ into robust core services which can be scaled to meet demand. To be successful in this role, you will be expected to write highly-performant code and have a deep understanding of large distributed systems. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a passion for building leading edge software, loves learning new and emerging technologies, and is driven to help build a successful SaaS products
Our ambition is to build fault-tolerant and high performance systems and to automate everything. Help us build the next-generation systems behind our products, create web applications and mobile applications that power many in eCommerce, build high volume servers and be a part of a team that’s working to empower merchants around the globe.
As an engineer you will get and work on an iMac and a GitHub Enterprise account on your first day. Working closely with your team, you will start shipping production code right away.
Come help us build real products that thousands of customers will depend on.
- Build highly-available, highly-performant, redundant, scalable distributed systems.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the company to define the technology roadmap that is aligned with strategic goals of the organization and hands-on with every aspect of our technical operations.
- Improve and scale a highly available SaaS application platform.
- Build fault-tolerant and high performance systems and automate everything.
- Implement infrastructure, system, application level monitoring to ensure high system availability.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Improve and manage application/configuration deployment tools
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services.
- Building and mentoring a world class engineering team Responsibilities.
- Define and establish processes for how people should work together, within your team, across engineering, and also across company departments.
- Manage the software development process, including planning, task assignments, code reviews, and design signoff.
- Work closely with product management to ensure we're building the best products.
- Share knowledge with more junior team members via a formal mentoring relationship, reviewing code, reviewing design docs, giving technical talks, teaching classes or as a consultant on projects.
- 3+ years of experience managing / leading software engineers, - developing functional specifications and design, cost/benefits analysis of projects.
- 5+ years expertise developing complex SaaS software.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge at the following: PHP, Objective-C Or Swift
- Experience with using and building JSON APIs.
- Experience in developing scalable and complex distributed systems.
- Experience with a variety of data stores and schemes (SQL, NoSQL, caching strategies)
- Expert in technical project management experience and a proven track record for delivering projects on-time with limited budget and resources.
- Experience working with offshore engineering teams.
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge, and experience with multi-tiered mission-critical systems preferred.
- Ability to manage complex technical projects.
- Demonstrates expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Demonstrated experience of delivering on commitments to clients.
- Demonstrates capability of 'rolling up sleeves and getting hands dirty'.
- Provides excellent influential communication skills and business acumen to both an arbitrator and advocate for technical issues.
- Self-motivated, organized and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative and willing to: teach, learn and be a generalist.
- Production experience with UNIX/Linux environments.
- Have a demonstrated ability to get stuff done.
- Works well in fast-paced growing environment.
We are launching the first of its kind in Middle east region SAAS Software_As_A_Service eCommerce Website Builder designed and developed by one of our startups "Suwaidish Technologies" from the scratch. This project is supported by Dubai's Government to support one of Dubai's Expo 2020 visions and missions toward sustainabilities and scalabilities.
The first project is called "Suwaidish Commerce" that will enable merchants to leverage the online potentials into their business success, by building their professional world class eCommerce websites, to achieve higher ROI with less risks, efforts and costs.
We are also launching “Suwaidish Academy” Project, It is a content rich website that will support our visions and missions and act as a gate to help our community to evolve with the latest trends and practices in doing business online. We will offer great contents and all learning materials for Awareness building in leveraging Online Business strategies and that through webinars, E-Books, white papers or Ebooks, blog posts, best practices checklists and online classes etc., under the mission of Educating the Community & help the region's SME’s grow.
By 2020, we believe that retailers main source of revenue will be through their online sales. The ease of buying online, the saving in time, cost and to the environment is a better sustainable and scalable business model.
We know that you are amazing and having a Job is not everything to you. We assure you that with Suwaidish Group you will be different, Happy and empowered, with us you will learn, enhance and improve your skills and abilities gradually.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Computer/Software; Internet/E-commerce; Information Technology
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Technology/IT
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: $2,000 - $3,000
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma