Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Site Engineer / Architect
*This job posting is for a Junior or Intermediate Civil/Construction Engineer or a site Architect for high rise construction projects with a Project Management Company*
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitor the inspection process by the consultant(s) of the ongoing activities to ensure compliance with contract specs and codes. Occasional site supervision is required.
2. Liaise with the consultant(s) for the inspection of civil and architectural materials delivered to site.
3. Take part in the testing, sampling & inspection processes as required and keep records and reports in accordance with applicable standards and policies.
1. Review consultant responses to RFIs and contractor submittals to ensure no claims or variations are unnecessarily initiated by the contractor.
2. Monitor the progress of civil/architectural activities in relation to the master work program and project budget and report to your seniors accordingly.
3. Assist in processing payment applications and advise your superior & commercial team of technical issues needed for variations, disputes, workmanship, work quality... etc.
4. Review & comment on progress & other reports submitted by the contractor.
5. Attend periodic progress & technical meetings held with all relevant parties.
6. Report any noncompliance or misconduct undertaken by consultant/contractor staff.
7. Provide your input to senior staff to enable them to prepare progress and other reports.
8. Ensure accurate records of the project are properly maintained. Liaise with the document controller to ensure proper filing and retrieval of contemporary records for claims management.
9. Identify and highlight problems in advance of impact on the works
10. Take part in updating the project risk register on a monthly basis with feedback from the project team.
11. Review Interim valuations and payment applications/certificates as and when required.
12. Refer to the project specific conditions of contract including its appendix and conditions of particular application prior to taking any commercial actions. Seek guidance from your Commercial/Contracts Manager where required.
13. Follow up on site surveys including weekly and ad-hoc site photography; register and store such records in soft and hardcopy on a regular basis.
14. Produce analysis feedback / lessons learnt for future works.
15. Assist the senior staff in carrying out any commercial, contractual or contract administration tasks including letter writing and minutes of meetings as instructed.
16. Review and ensure as-built information and records meet the contract/ owner’s requirements.
BSc degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or Architecture is a must.
Excellent written and spoken English.
Minimum of 5 years of experience on construction sites.
At least three years local experience in the United Arab Emirates, with at least one project having been a Commercial/Residential high rise.
Knowledge of building information modelling (BIM) and virtual design and construction (VDC).
Previous employment with a project management company, an engineering consultancy or a contractor and project site deployment.
BSc degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or Architecture.
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Company Industry: Construction; Construction/Civil Engineering; Architecture
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Joining Date: 2014-06-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: $3,000 - $4,000
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Career Level: Entry Level
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Degree: Bachelor's degree