Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Quality Engineer
The quality assurance engineer shall defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments should work collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in process testing results. The QE must have the ability to automate/create scripts using any automation testing tools.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Carry out exploratory testing within an agile development environment.
• Organize QA for projects and collaborate with other QA engineers as needed.
• Collaborate closely with developers, product managers and support engineers to correctly identify priorities and resolve issues.
• Prioritize, schedule and complete testing required for multiple applications with overlapping schedules.
• Assess and advise with best practices for enhancing application quality in terms of development process, release, and support.
• Develop test tools, and extend test frameworks and test environments.
• Improve the quality of developer output via training, automation, coaching and process changes.
• Track and report bugs using appropriate tools and raise an alert when an important issue to be handled.
• Document and maintain all documentation related to any of the above tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
• At least three years minimum of software test experience.
• High analysis and reporting skills.
• Excellent Command in English.
• Development/technical Background is a plus.
Souq.com is the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world, featuring more than 200,000 products across categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, household goods, watches or perfumes. Today Souq.com attracts over 8 million visits per month and is fast growing as more consumers shop online in the Arab world.
Often tagged as the "Amazon of the Middle East", Souq.com operates both as a retail site and as a marketplace for third party sellers. It offers a convenient and safe online shopping experience with online payments, option to pay cash on delivery and free returns.
Established in 2005, Souq.com pioneered online shopping in the region as an auction site linked to the Arab internet portal Maktoob. When Yahoo! acquired Maktoob in August 2009, Souq.com was not included in the sale and was spun off as part of Jabbar Internet Group. The site then switched to a marketplace with a fixed price model in early 2011, and then launched its retail division late 2011.
Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, Souq.com caters to the needs of local markets with commercial offices in Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and a technical and development center in Jordan.
- Job Location: Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry: Internet/E-commerce
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Technology/IT
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3 Max: 10
- Residence Location: Jordan
- Nationality: Jordan
- Degree: Bachelor's degree