Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Procurement Specialist
• Develop and implement all purchasing policies and procedures, including those for equipment, hardware, and service provision, in conjunction with department leads and department specific requirements .
• Leads the procurement function and oversees all aspects of purchasing, negotiations, strategy . tool and process implementation for procurement related to goods and services.
• Prepares reports on procurement activities and budget as needed.
• Assists with and trains employees on procurement, warehouse, and contract policies and procedures.
• Coordinates and follows all local and foreign shipping operations.
• Communicate with suppliers to get quotes and offers.
• Negotiate offers and make analysis.
• Issue POs to supplier after been duly approved.
• Follow up POs with suppliers until goods are received in the warehouses on time per the terms of the PO.
• Arrange for insurance and prepare claims in coordination with Accounts.
• Prepare weekly update reports on the status of PRs and POs status and send to the service requesters and function Heads.
• Prepare periodic reports on market trends and savings made.
• Make any other relevant reports as requested by his Manager
• Responsible for preparing contracts, examining applying internal process and procedures, analyzing procurement statistical, negotiating contracts in cooperation with procurement engineer/team.
• provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy
• Monitor Contractor performance on specified frequency to identify problem areas.
Knowledge of purchasing principles and practices
Familiarity with Saudi Arabia Business Law
Knowledge of supervisory practices.
Skill in purchasing operations.
Skill in using computer and finance application software.
Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
BA or Higher Degree in Technical Collage, Courses and training on Procurement skills
- Job Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Healthcare, other
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Purchasing/Procurement
- Joining Date: 2014-07-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 5 Max: 10
- Residence Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Gender: Male
- Degree: Bachelor's degree