Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Planning Engineer
ASTAD Project Management
Provides professional Planning and Project Control services to ASTAD, Client, Project Team and Line Management from project initiation to project handover for allocated projects in line with ASTAD Policy, relevant Procedures and Quality Plan. Responsibilities include preparation and phasing of project budget, preparation of initial execution program, review and input to Tender document, technical evaluation of Contractors execution program, histogram, planning procedures and methodology, analysis of Contractors Planning package, review of contractors weekly program, monitoring Contractors progress, invoice validation, forensic analysis of Contractors electronic programme, schedule risk analysis, change management, schedule and milestone forecasting, resource usage analysis, delay claim analysis, asset capitalization, project reporting and project close-out.
• Degree/HND or equivalent in an Engineering Discipline or in exceptional cases highly extensive relevant experience in lieu of degree level academic qualification.
• Minimum 10 Years experience as a Projects Control specialist responsible for providing Project Controls services during the design and construction phases of major buildings and civil infrastructure projects. Experience should include activities relating to the budgeting, cost phasing, planning, progress monitoring, reporting forecasting, risk analysis, change management, invoice validation, claim analysis, asset capitalization and project close-out activities.
• Well developed analytical and reporting skills, good oral/written/spoken English.
• High level of competency in using Project Control Software, expert proficiency in Project Management and Project Control Software including Primavera and MS Project, Critical Path Analysis techniques, Risk Analysis software and full Microsoft Office suite.
ASTAD is a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum (QP) and Qatar Foundation (QF) and is the leading Project Management Consultancy in Qatar. ASTAD provides a wide spectrum of world-class services to some of the most prestigious clients in Qatar including project management, engineering and design management, and construction management. ASTAD has delivered many of Qatar’s most recognized buildings and landmarks, and currently manages a project portfolio valued at over $26bn across a broad range of sectors including mixed-use, healthcare, education, commercial,residential, cultural, hospitality, sports & leisure, and public buildings. ASTAD continues to experience strong growth, and has a highly experienced and professional team drawn from over 50 nationalities. Within the project management sector, ASTAD represents the very best in innovation, expertise, and achievement.
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Construction/Civil Engineering
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 10
- Residence Location: Qatar
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma