Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Management Accountant
Develop and maintain Strategic and Operational Financial Planning and analysis for selected parts of QF including New Initiatives;
Prepare, develop and analyze management accounting information reporting and provide high quality support service to the organisation and its operations.
Monitor contractual, equity based organizations, from a Financial Governance perspective.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Lead a team responsible for the production of management accounts, budgeting, analysis,
inclusive of production of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to senior management and all
• Use advanced IT skills (inclusive of Excel, Power-point, etc. with demonstrable presentation skills;
• Capable of lateral thought (“out-of-the-box” approach to constant development and progress,
and be able to analyze/understand Laws relative to United States of America Tax (and associated
• Budget plan and forecast for the QF entities and implement performance measures for the
• Analyze variances, explore potential options with budget holders and relevant senior management,
make appropriate recommendations and advise of potential impact on the business;
• Analyze and present financial performance of QF and its component business units with
recommendations for improvement of systems (as appropriate) for improvement of systems,
forecasts and business planning;
• Establish and maintain costing models for the QF Centres, Branch Campuses and Headquarters
and project responsibilities to add value within Finance and Operations;
• Conduct necessary appraisal and research including analysis, and prepare recommendations and
conclusions, in order to assist decision making process with relevant financial techniques and
• Perform such other tasks or duties which may, from time to time, be assigned inclusive of (but not
limited to) acting as stand in for others during periods of absence
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
A recognized professional accountancy qualification, for example:
• ACCA (Certified Chartered Accountant)
• CIMA (Cost and Management Accountant)
• ACA (Chartered Accountant)
• CIPFA (Public Finance Accountant)
• CPA (Corporate Public Accountant)
• Graduate Degree Holder
• 5-7 Years of relevant experience.
With a thorough practical understanding of management accounting principles and techniques.
o The ability to manage and motivate a team of multi-nationals
o High degree of communication skills, particularly attuned to working well with non-finance
professionals and volunteers;
o First hand experience of planning, budgeting and forecasting in a large and diverse
organisation to pre-determined time-scale;
o Used to working in fast moving environments, providing accurate and timely information to
a high standard;
o Experience and understanding of “not-for-profit” environment desirable but not essential.
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Degree: Bachelor's degree