Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Mouchel Middle East
The Resident Engineer is responsible for the activities and efficiency of his staff for the satisfactory persecution of the work under his supervision. He has the responsibility to build and maintain an organization that can effectively provide the necessary staking, testing, and inspection to ensure the project is constructed according to the plans and specifications. The Resident Engineer should familiarize himself rapidly with the plans, specifications, and any Contract amendments to effectively administer the work. The executive side concerns the follow up of day-to-day working requests, laboratory tests, visiting the site to ensure the performance of site staff as well as feeding back all relevant information to the Project Manager.
• Ensure Contractor’s compliance with the Contract Documents
• Inspect all workmanship and materials.
• Coordinate the supply of vertical and horizontal controls for the Contractor
• Make layout checks on lines and grades
• Maintain all file records on designated forms. These records include all reports on work force, equipment, progress, safety, etc.
• Review and approve the Contractor’s shop drawings
• Locate execute, and interpret all soils and materials testing according to the provisions in the Contract Documents and Standard Specifications.
• The Resident Engineer is responsible for Contract enforcement and is not to relieve the Contractor of his responsibilities without client authorization.
• Check and certify progress payments to the Contractor.
• Check personnel, equipment, and material costs for all Variation Orders and change orders required under the terms of the Contract.
• Review requests for additional compensation and time extensions.
• Site safety monitoring wherein the monitoring activities, meetings, reviews, safety violations, rectification measures, and accident reports are included in the Monthly Progress Report.
• When necessary, determine proper costs of additions or credits due to the cleint and recommend appropriate action.
• Inspect safety conditions and inform the Contractor of construction safety violations and follow up action to be taken.
• Attend all meetings, and prepare written minutes for distribution
• Review update, monitor, and report on the Contractor’s work schedules, CPM-chart, and Cash flow Status.
• Monitor and report on progress of scheduled utility relocation work.
• Provide all photographs before, during, after construction necessary to provide adequate documentation of changes in site and adjacent structures.
• Review and approve the contractor’s plans for protection of existing buildings and structures.
• To keep in order all the site filling as per approved systems and practices.
• To issue Site Instructions to the Contractor.
• To collect from the site the data needed by the Project Manager for design works.
• check the quantities and payments to the Contractor
• To manage the supervision site staff.
• To coordinate and co-operate with Assistant Resident Engineer.
• To coordinate and co-operate with the project engineers assigned to different areas by the contractor.
• To coordinate and co-operate with the liaison engineer from the Client.
• To meet the site supervision staff periodically
• To prepare and present reports of a technical nature when called upon by the project Manager.
• To liaise with the laboratory technicians in the absence of the Materials Engineer
• To liaise with the Project Manager the leaves of site staff and to prepare the monthly attendance report of site staff.
BSC in civil engineering and holds a professional engineer degree from Saudi Council of Engineers.
Minimum 15 years experience supervision and implementation, including 10 years in roads and bridges construction works.
Experience in using Power Tools for Windows (PTW)
- Good computer skills, e.g. Excel
- Knowledge of UK Standards
- Demonstrated report writing skills of a high calibre
- Excellent client relationship skills, demonstrated by referees
- Excellent communication and team skills Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Good problem solving skills & creative thinking (innovation)
- Takes accountability for assigned work
- Job Location: Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Construction
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 15
- Residence Location: Saudi Arabia
- Degree: Bachelor's degree