Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Product Review Engineer
This position is in support of the C-17 Field Services based in the UAE.
The position will initially be based near Dubai and will transition to Abu Dhabi when new facilities have been completed. The successful applicant will participate in resolving complex operational problems that require a high level of ingenuity, innovation, and coordination with the UAE customer.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide UAE customer troubleshooting & repair guidance, engineering dispositions, and training on the operation and maintenance of the C-17.
• Investigate and pursue courses of action necessary to safely support UAE missions including assistance with spares supply and support equipment.
• Resolve technical problems that would critically affect performance, cost, or schedule.
• Verify accuracy of results through consultation with other authorities within field services, the C-17 program and Boeing.
• A strong background in the operation and maintenance of aircraft structures, propulsion and hydro mechanical systems, and C-17 systems experience is essential.
• The applicant must also be familiar with electrical, avionic, and communication systems, on C-17 aircraft.
• Prior field experience in troubleshooting complex integrated systems, within an operational environment is essential. C-17 experience is highly desirable.
• This position requires the ability to work independently under time constraints and stress, in demanding, on-call, around the clock operational environment.
• Travel to other operating locations to assist with operation, maintenance, and recovery of aircraft may be required.
• A highly energetic, skilled professional is required to fill this position supporting the United Arab Emirates C-17 program and Base relocation activities when the move to Abu Dhabi takes place.
• Analytical Skills
• Continuous Improvement
• Customer Focus
• Engineering Drawings & Specs
• Engineering Processes
• Liaison Engineering Judgment
Qualifications and Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Other Job Related Information:
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. This is a technical position at an international location, requiring independence and technical acumen. Prior C-17 field experience in troubleshooting complex integrated systems, within an operational environment utilizing UAE Technical Orders, engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, system schematics, & historical repair data is highly desirable. An existing technical network within C-17 Field Services and the C-17 program is desirable. Prior Field Service / Flight Test / MRB experience and current PPPR authority in multiple disciplines a plus. Previous experience working with International customers is a plus. Benefits and pay will be determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.- based payroll, and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable UAE Law. The employment is subject to the candidates' ability to satisfy all UAE labor and immigration formalities and to be able to obtain UAE Armed Forces Security clearance.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defence, space and security systems. In the UK, we employ people across numerous sites, and we’re growing. Our long relationship with the UK aerospace industry, Armed Forces and commercial aviation sector dates back more than 75 years. Today, the UK remains a critically important market and supplier base, as well as a source of some of the world's most inventive technology partners.
We offer many career paths in fields such as engineering, aircraft assembly, communications systems, maintenance and defence equipment, and manufacture and supply of aerostructure components.
Join us and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Company Industry: Airlines/Aviation
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3 Max: 7
- Degree: Bachelor's degree