Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
· Develop and float RFQ documents from the Project Specifications/Input from Engineering.
· Co-ordinate Technical Bid Evaluation, Do commercial Bid Evaluation and process activities to Purchase Order / Sub-Contract award
· Work within the established procedures to achieve a professional, ethical, reliable and cost effective total Procurement service through Market Research, Budget, and Estimating evaluations.
· Assist the Procurement, Project & Contracts Manager in the implementation of the procurement guidelines, policies & procedures.
· Develop and implement sourcing strategies & Investigate potential suppliers.
· Propose enquiries to specified and non-specified vendors and obtain quotations on time.
· Receive and evaluate bids (by Purchasing Committee, if applicable) as per standard evaluation criteria and negotiate payment terms and discounts with suppliers.
· Evaluate vendors’ proposals technically in compliance with project specifications.
· Prepare and issue Purchase Orders (POs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other related documents.
· Revise the costing for the post tender clarifications received and provide price and technical inputs to generate official Purchase Order.
· Suggest suitable technical alternatives whenever possible in coordination with the Design & Studies section and the Project Management section.
· Evaluate the supplier quotations against the tender requirements such as capacity, quantity, specifications, deviations, etc. Make comparative analysis of all the quantity & use the optimum solution.
· Interview supplier representatives regarding specifications, costs, inspection, and similar problems relating to materials, parts and equipment.
· Maintain an updated supplier database that consists of reliable and trustworthy sources.
· Ensure materials purchased are in line with the project specifications and industry practice.
· Review the terms and conditions of subcontract documentation to ensure contractual protection.
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in GCC in technical procurement
Good appreciation of market rates of items to be procured or sub-contracted
Excellent skills in negotiation, communication and analysis
SHELTER Group is one of the leading international construction companies in Doha. We are the Main Contractors who also rendering the key services like, Finishing, Design & Build, Facility Management etc. We are searching for the skilled Professionals those can manage well our Construction Sites.
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Construction/Civil Engineering
- Requirements : Recruitment Agency
- Job Role: Engineering
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 5