Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
PR & Communication Guru
Calling all PR & Communication Rock stars… dubizzle is searching for you! We are looking to bring on a PR & Communication Guru who will oversee and execute all offline and online PR content across various media outlets and online channels in the GCC, as well as come up with PR campaigns and implement corporate and consumer events that reflect brand values and emotions.
At the moment you could work in an agency, for a sweet brand, as an independent guru, or be from Neptune - to us it doesn’t matter as long as you can bring strong leadership to one of the region’s best online brands, and take analytical thinking, through logical strategy, and into a downright awesome execution in the science and art of marketing.
We know our brand is the glue that holds the Dubizzle universe together. The way we build our site, the way we interact with our customers and the way we market our wow services all stem from the same values that are rooted in our brand essence.
What you’ll do:
• Increase dubizzle brand share of voice among online and offline media with in the GCC
• Drive awareness about the brand in new markets to attract potential new users and enrich the brand knowledge among existing users
• Disrupt consumer exploitation and have fun doing it
• Protect the reputation of the dubizzle brand
• Build & maintain solid media relations with online and offline regional media
• Listen and share what's being written and said about dubizzle in the media; and look for coverage opportunities for dubizzle
• Support integrated marketing campaigns with PR and offline content moderation, and implementing PR strategy
• Measure and report campaigns - including control of monitoring software / agencies
• Create monthly analytics reports to measure dubizzle's presences in the media against its competitors
• Collaborate with the local market content specialist to align PR with social media sentiments
• Manage 3rd party suppliers to deliver the highest quality deliverables with regards to any of the PR activities: such as press conferences, media roundtables, media briefings..etc
• Collaborate with internal departments and external agencies in producing quality PR content
• Co-build and maintain a press office for dubizzle with the Content and Communications Manager
• Manage PR partner agency relationships
• Produce PR events that reflects brands values and emotions
• Co-manage sponsorship agreements and negotiate terms
• Copywriting: support other departments in writing delicate responses to the users. Such as: social media & customer support
• Build a database of influencers to support the brand and come up with PR initiatives to maximize the use of these contact
Skills & Knowledge you should possess:
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
• Internal tools and systems, such as CisionPoint & Mediwatch / Cyberwatch monitoring tools
• Analytical & Conceptual thinking
• Negotiation & persuasion skills
• Detail oriented with Excellent Time Management Skills
• Fluency and excellent written and communication skills in Arabic & English is a must (Ability to write in both Arabic and English with a range of styles and tones relevant to the GCC)
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with a strong understanding of the culture and trend in the region
• Solid Media Relations across the GCC
• Experience in: 1-3 years profound experience in regional PR and events
• Working knowledge of the regional media scene
• Ability to drive press events and on ground activations to finish independently
• Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions
• Flexibility to travel and conduct campaign outside the UAE
• Ability to create high quality variety of content types for multiple media outlets
• University Degree in Corporate Communication/Marketing/Business
A little about us:
We’re a bunch of fearless fun-mongerers that have set out to ‘Disrupt Consumer Exploitation; and have some fun doing it’. We pick fights with our competitors; move swiftly, nimbly and with agility - at a pace unmatchable by others (some might even say 88mph). This has made us the biggest non-global website in the Middle East with page views in the billions and users in the many millions.
dubizzle gives you a chance to release the awesomeness in you! For starters, you get to work with some of the best minds in the region. Along with this, we encourage empowering people to make a difference- that means, you can shine if you want to, there won’t be anything holding you back…
dubizzle is a horizontal C2C free classifieds website that was started in 2005 in Dubai by two co-founders, J.C. Butler and Sim Whatley. Over eight years, dubizzle has grown to become the largest C2C platform in the MENA region. In the UAE, dubizzle is a mature business, and the largest local website, with approximately one half of the nation’s Internet population visiting our site at least once every month. Throughout the rest of the MENA region, dubizzle is growing with the goal to reach the same size and reach in each MENA country as it currently has in the UAE. Most notably in Egypt, dubizzle is the leading classifieds site and growing rapidly.
In 2010, dubizzle raised funding for the first time from a strategic partner, Naspers. Naspers invested in dubizzle for a 25% stake in order to help grow the business throughout the MENA region. Again in 2013, Naspers increased their stake in dubizzle in order to facilitate even more aggressive expansion, and secure their majority ownership in the business. Aside from funding, Naspers, brings an immense amount of knowledge in the e-commerce and classifieds space in emerging markets, as they are one of the largest classifieds and emerging market internet players globally. Their approach is hands off, yet supportive with strategy, training and knowledge sharing wherever needed.
Our people are from all over the world, with staff from over 30 different countries, speaking 13+ different languages. As of January 2013, we have over 170 staff regionally, with 150+ at HQ in Dubai. We believe in only hiring and retaining “A” players, and providing them a culture of context rather than control. We encourage creative ideas and testing those ideas with data. We like to ship early and ship often, test, and iterate.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Advertising; Internet/E-commerce; Marketing
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Marketing/PR
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career