Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Personal Assistant to the Dean
Aviation Australia Riyadh College of Excellence
Reporting to the Dean, the Personal Assistant (PA) is responsible to provide quality, high-level executive and administrative support to the office of the Dean and leadership team. AARCOE is a new start-up college of excellence, and this is an exciting opportunity for a PA to support the Dean in establishing the foundations of the college and driving strategic initiatives for future success.
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Manage information flow in and out of the office, using an electronic document management system.
- Manage the Dean’s diary and daily work flow including scheduling appointments/meetings, travel arrangements, planning and collating relevant paperwork/briefings and coordinate follow-up associated with these activities.
- Be the first point of contact for the activities undertaken by the Dean.
- Support the CEO with any administrative requirements when on business visits to the AARCOE office.
- Prepare and/or coordinate a range of correspondence including minutes, letters, briefs, policies, instructions and other formal correspondence. This includes coordinating and the quality assurance of correspondence going to the leadership team.
- Perform general administrative tasks on behalf of the Dean including but not limited to filing, ordering stationary, photocopying and document registry.
- Assist with other office management roles including business/financial management and simple procurement activities, electronic document management system administration when required.
- Develop productive working relationships and liaise with areas internal and external to Aviation Australia to ensure appropriate support to the senior executives.
- Work as a team with other staff and senior executives within AARCOE.
The successful applicant will enjoy: Comprehensive training facilities located in the major hub of Riyadh’s aviation sector, free staff parking, a fast paced and dynamic environment with a friendly and supportive team spirit and an attractive salary package.
The successful applicant will require the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Tertiary qualification in business administration, or similar.
- A recognised qualification in business and / or administrative disciplines.
- Proven experience in an Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant position or supporting a senior executive.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative disciplines.
- Strong experience in the preparation of general and formal business correspondence.
- Experience in the vocational training sector or in a training / learning and development environment is highly advantageous.
Aviation Australia skills and trains domestic and international students for employment in the aviation industry worldwide.
In the last 10 years, Aviation Australia has trained or supported the training of over 30,000 aviation personnel for more than 150 customers, both civil and military worldwide.
Aviation Australia has recently been selected by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s College of Excellence to operate the newly built forward-looking Aviation Training College in Riyadh. This prestigious award allows Aviation Australia to expand upon its current international offerings for Aviation Training and in partnership with the Colleges of Excellence develop a world class Aviation Training capability for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Riyadh.
Aviation Australia will operate and maintain AARCOE under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) agreement with the Colleges of Excellence in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and will operate from state of the art and newly built prestigious facilities located at King Khalid International Airport.
The initial program for delivery will be a 3 year Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. The first year is a Foundation Studies year consisting of English Language, IT and an introduction to some non-aviation specific technical subjects. The Foundation Year leads into a further 2 year program which provides students a General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) recognised outcome for Aircraft Technician qualifications aligned with the European Aviation Safety Agency Mechanical and Avionics B1 and B2 engineer curriculum.
Please visit www.aviationaustralia.aero
- Job Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Education, Training, and Library
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Secretarial
- Joining Date: 2014-07-27
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 2
- Residence Location: Saudi Arabia
- Gender: Male
- Nationality: Saudi Arabia
- Degree: High school or equivalent