Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
ME - Regional Director of HR (OMAN Based)
Singular Executive Search
The Regional Director of Human Resources will lead the organizations’ Middle East/Europe regional human resources center through the development and implementation of human resources strategies that attract, retain and reward our employee talent, thus achieving our global growth initiatives
• Develop a proactive business partner approach with the region’s management team that ensures the success of the company’s business strategy and objectives, focusing on the organization’s talent resources.
• Manage the design, development and implementation of regional human resource programs and strategies that are consistent with the organization’s global HR strategic business plans, business objectives and culture.
• Develop human resource planning models to identify competencies, knowledge and talent gaps and develops specific programs for the filling of those gaps. Activities will include talent management, through proper succession planning for key regional senior leaders and management positions, performance management, training and development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities and to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business objectives of the company.
• Evaluate and advise the region’s management on the impact of long-range business plans or new programs/strategies that attract, motivate, develop and retain the talent resources of the Company
• Manage the region’s talent acquisition strategy. Establish relationships with business partners with in the region to acquire and attract the necessary talent.
• Develop a regional leadership level compensation program that aligns with the organization’s business goals and attracts and retains top senior level talent in a competitive market.
• Manage the region’s human resource center team and site specific human resource team members to achieve a high level of performance.
• Provide coaching and of the new and existing employees in developing their individual talent for the company.
• Remain current on all employment laws and regulations as well as ensuring that proper business is practiced.
• Periodically report back to senior management on the effectiveness of our human resource initiatives and talent performance. Help establish the best metrics/dashboard for these reports.
Skills and abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement long-term, global strategies for talent acquisition
• Experience in presenting to and influencing senior management
• Experience in organizational management, change leadership, talent management/succession planning, performance management and employee relations
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong relationships with business partners and all levels of employees, managing their performance to optimal service levels
• Regional human resource work experience with a global emphasis
• Demonstrated experience managing multi-national HR teams in an energy geo-market
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, concurrent priorities with many needing immediate resolution
• Ability to drive organizational change, delivering results and high performance
• Discretion, confidentiality and integrity
• Excellent listening skills and commitment to communicate clearly, completely, and in a timely manner
• Exceptional skills in partnering with clients and staff in developing and maintaining long term supportive relationships
• Proficiency in use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other software tools to facilitate HR services delivery
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in corporate talent acquisition
• 3+ years of managing people
• Fully fluent in both Arabic and English (reading / writing); French is a plus
• Regional human resources and work experience: this person needs to have worked in the region and had experience in dealing with local personnel issues. With this, this potential hire can act as a bridge between company policy/process, and local/regional constraints
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Oil/Gas
- Company Type: Recruitment Agency
- Job Role: Human Resources/Personnel
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Executive/Director
- Years of Experience: Min: 7
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma