Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
IT Network Technician - Saudi National Only
Exel Saudi Arabia
Working in close partnership with the IT Supervisor (to whom the role reports); the IT Network Technician will be responsible for the monitoring and management of the hardware devices and data center, all hosted production environments and network infrastructure. A strong knowledge of backup and disaster recovery processes and technologies, as well as experience of designing and implementing network technology, is required.
Typical duties included are, but not limited to:
1.Managing Service Desk Operations:
•Ensure the solving of incidents as they arrive through phone, mail, and helpdesk system.
•Escalate problems to second line support when necessary.
•Inform users of scheduled down times or any service outage.
•Monitor incidents trends and escalate it when necessary
•Attend to system health monitors and resolve alerts when arise.
•Inform second line support for any unfamiliar and critical alerts
3.System Operation and Administration:
•Ensure the performing of scheduled data center backups and database replication.
•User accounts and permission management
•Antivirus updates and incidents
•Help desk system administration
•Enhance communication links up time and report incidents.
•Maintaining AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract) for out of warranty systems.
•Managing Shared Folders structure and security
•Manage, maintain and upgrade all needed databases
•Implementing all new upgrades and updates for the available systems
•Remotely manage and control the IT systems and networks at branches
•Maintaining and managing all company owned Handheld and Smartphone equipment technical issues
•Providing user technical support
•Install and maintain computer hardware
•Provide user support to ensure the effective and timely resolution of technical problems and keeping users updated
•Provide users with up to date system and security knowledge awareness sessions.
•Foster and maintain goods relationships with IT Hardware and Services Vendors
•Assist the Country IT Manager in the procurement of all IT related equipment and services
Who We Are:
Exel - Saudi Arabia, today is part of Deutsche Post DHL family and represents DHL Supply Chain division in Saudi Arabia division
Our presence in Saudi Arabia starts with formal joint ventures with Olayan Group of companies established in early stage of 2002. The joint venture supports the operations of Olayan companies in Saudi Arabia also offers a broad range of contracted logistics services to other companies such Saudi Aramco in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In addition to traditional warehousing and distribution, the company specializes in international supply chain management, value-added and pre-retailing, e-commerce, bonded warehousing and information management services
The companies offered services include:
•Global End to End Logistics
•Country Wide Transportation
•Lead Logistics Provider Services
•3PL and 4PL Warehouse Operations Services
DHL Exel has invested heavily in IT Systems and Solutions to support its mission to be the Logistics Partner of Choice in Saudi Arabia. The recruitment of superior IT professionals is part of this investment.
• Good knowledge of ITIL concepts, processes, and procedures (Change Management, Configuration Management, Release Management).
• Strong knowledge of backup and disaster recovery processes and technologies.
• Strong knowledge in managing and administering computer operating systems such as Linux and Microsoft Windows.
• Knowledge of Wan and Lan networking concepts and infrastructure (TCP/IP, client and/or server architectures).
• Strong knowledge in designing and implementing network technology. This includes experience in network expansion (data, voice and video), and the use of MPLS networks and Site-to-Site VPN over the Internet.
• High command of English language and preferably fluent in Arabic.
- Job Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Distributions and Logistics; Warehousing; Shipping
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Technology/IT
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: $2,000 - $3,000
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 1
- Residence Location: Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia; Jubail, Saudi Arabia; Khobar, Saudi Arabia; Dammam, Saudi Arabia; Qatif, Saudi Arabia; Hofof, Saudi Arabia; Hafr Albaten, Saudi Arabia; Alahsa, Saudi Arabia
- Gender: Male
- Nationality: Saudi Arabia
- Degree: Diploma