Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Internal Communication and PR Specialist
The Internal Communication/PR Specialist is responsible for the effective delivery of information and corporate communications to QF staff and centers. The role is wide ranging, encompassing the timely co-ordination of employee communication through a range of channels to ensure ease of access, clarity and consistency.
The position will work with the Corp & PR Manager, Head of Public Relations and Head of Press Office to develop and implement an internal communication policy. In carrying out daily responsibilities, the position will also work closely with QF management to determine information that should be communicated internally, and with other departments in the Communication Directorate such as Publications, Media Center and Documentary - to inform them of key messages and news stories that should be communicated through QFs various internal communication channels (QT Telegraph, QF Radio, etc).
This position will be one of the key players in working across QF to ensure consistency in implementation of communication strategy among directorates which will include crisis communication. It will also own QF Presentation in addition to internal communications responsibilities. The position will also support the Head of Public Relations in managing implementation of PR functions of the unit. These include but are not limited to overseeing production of QF corporate collateral (brochure, website, mini-brochure, etc), project managing various aspects of the QF Speakers Bureau project and overseeing external PR agencies to deliver PR service campaigns for QF centers.
• Execute against internal communication plan to support the objectives of the QF communications strategy and broader QF business objectives.
• Ensure the internal audience is updated on QF’s activities, efforts and initiatives through appropriate communications.
• Manage the delivery of public relations guidance and ongoing counsel - consistent with the internal media relations policy - to QF programs and centers.
• Manage the implementation of the PR functions in the unit
• Serve as a resource to Communication Directorate staff to ensure consistency among functional teams of updated messages having with the internal audience in mind.
• Develop an understanding and awareness of the internal communication needs within QF: This will involve liaison with staff as well as planning and project teams to understand changes and potential implications for internal communications.
• Act as owner of corporate internal communication process delivering timely and effective communications throughout QF using existing tools such as the internal portal and the internal newsletter as well as introducing new tools that will help creating a better understanding of QF within the internal community. This involves liaison with management and departments within the Communication Directorate, with the aim to develop and deliver a simple coordinated service that provides effective communications consistently to the internal audience.
• Support the Head of Public Relations in the development of QF Communication strategy, by working on and on the production of important elements such QF corporate collaterals, QF corporate presentation and the QF corporate website.
• Supporting QF strategically by ensuring consistency of messaging about QF in all communication, while ensuring Qatar Foundation key messages are updated continually
• Support in overseeing external PR agencies to deliver PR services campaigns for HQ and QF Centers
• Oversee various elements and execution of the QF Speakers Bureau project on a daily basis, including trainings, events, and ongoing promotion of QF spokespeople. The objective is to ensure that all project elements are delivered, such as training sessions planning, Ambassador’s evaluation, Qatar Foundation Speakers’ Bureau website, and the annual recognition event.
• BA/BS in Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism.
• Three to five years of relevant experience in a large organization with a diverse stakeholder base.
• Dedication to delivering high-quality products on time.
• Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple stakeholders and content contributors. Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Bilingual in Arabic and English.
• Excellent writing skills. Ability to act as an ambassador for the Communication Directorate both inside QF and publicly.
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Marketing/PR
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3