Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Internal Auditor P3, Rome, Italy
UN World Food Programme
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Internal Auditor at P3 level, which will be based in the Office of Internal Audit at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The selected candidate will be required to travel frequently outside of Italy to work in the organization’s country offices.
Within delegated authority, the Internal Auditor will generally be responsible for the following duties:
• Evaluate internal control systems at Headquarters and in regional and country offices and recommend improvements and enhancements to ensure that assets are adequately safeguarded against loss and misappropriation and that administrative and financial records are accurate and reliable;
• Conduct financial, operational and compliance audits at Headquarters and in regional and country offices in accordance with prescribed audit standards, and ensure that regulations, rules, policies and agreements are adhered to;
• Periodically conduct detailed reviews of WFP’s financial statements and the supporting notes and schedules to ascertain the fairness of balances of accounts as presented and conformity with IPSAS;
• Perform efficiency, economy and value for money audits in regional and country offices and in specific audit thrust areas at Headquarters to ensure that utilisation of resources is in accordance with plans and budgets, in conformity with donor requirements and in the most advantageous terms for the Programme;
• Develop audit work plans for assigned audit engagements;
• Write draft and final audit reports in a clear, concise and timely manner including implementable recommendations which have been discussed with and agreed to by the auditee;
• Assess the reliability and propriety of accounting and financial information provided to Management on which decision and/or policy formulation are based;
• Follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations made by internal and external auditors and evaluate the responses and actions taken by management of the audited units of the Programme, as well as provide advice or clarification to clients when necessary;
• Coordinate with External Auditors in order to achieve adequate and complete audit coverage of all phases of operations;
• Provide advice on policy documents prepared by management as required;
• Contribute to preparedness actions such as early warning, risk analysis and contingency planning and make recommendations. Periodically monitor the management of risks and report on any actions taken;
• Supervise other audit staff and consultants, and provide training/technical guidance as required;
• Perform other related duties as required, including carrying out management audits, special studies, investigations and inspections.
• At least five years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in auditing in a variety of commercial enterprises, national governments or international organizations which use modern auditing techniques, including auditing automated financial and management information systems and management and operational areas;
• Previous experience in the conduct of audits with a UN organization or international financing institution and working in developing countries is an asset;
• General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures is considered a plus.
Go to: vacancies/14-0014979
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline for applications: 1 April 2014
• Highly developed judgment and interpersonal skills to deal with clients on difficult and sensitive areas;
• Ability to identify key audit issues, present sensitive and difficult audit findings and recommendations to Programme management;
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, including the preparation of reports;
• Resourcefulness, initiative, maturity and the ability to work with minimum direction;
• Ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds.
• Working knowledge of English and intermediate knowledge of another UN official language (Arabic, French, Spanish, Russian or Chinese) or Portuguese as a WFP working language.
business administration, finance, accounting, audit, information systems or other related field
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.
In emergencies, we get food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After the cause of an emergency has passed, we use food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives.
WFP is part of the United Nations system and is voluntarily funded. To learn more about WFP's operations, please visit our website at: http://www.wfp.org
- Job Location: Italy
- Company Industry: Accounting/Auditing
- Company Type: Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: $6,000 - $7,000
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Residence Location: Italy