Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Interior Fit-out Project Manager
Delite Engineering Center
Accomplishes project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities. Estimates the cost of each project and develops a detailed timeline for project completion.
• Estimate projects based on current market conditions and local market pricing.
• Develop and maintain construction schedule through development meeting with both the clients and subcontractors.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing requirements.
• Guide project to completion to ensure proper close-out.
• Strong local market knowledge, understanding cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly
• Strong local market knowledge and network of suppliers, contractors, consultants and market information.
• Strong network and knowledge of local market government approvals.
• Ensures project documents and government approvals are complete, current, and stored appropriately with Administrative Assistant.
• Manages resources in conjunction with functional managers, production and sub-contractors.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope.
• Arrange and lead meetings with both clients and subcontractors to insure the project is kept in budget and on time while delivering a quality project.
• Develop and maintain RFI’s, submittals, proposed owner change orders, subcontract contracts, meeting agendas.
• Plan, schedule and coordinate in-house and consultant building construction projects from inception to completion.
• Draft and award subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders as needed.
• Work with onsite superintendent to facilitate project construction process.
• Identify potential issues and ensure timely decisions are made.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Communication Skills Required
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings with project team.
• Keeps executive team informed of project progress and cost status
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Monitors and reports on schedule and cost, margins and profitability.
Leadership Skills Required
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
• Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each contributors capabilities and/or interests.
• Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Encourages “straight talk” among team members
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Architecture; Interior design
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Management
- Joining Date: 2014-07-30
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 7 Max: 20
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Gender: Male
- Nationality: Australia; Canada; Great Britain (UK); Ireland; New Zealand; United Kingdom; United States
- Degree: Bachelor's degree