Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
HORSE TRAINER (Private Qatari Farm)
• Horse trainers observe horses in their care for illness and injuries
• Feedings and daily maintenance of the barn such as cleaning of stalls, aisles, water buckets and horses.
• Trains horses for riding, show, work, or racing
• Feeds, exercises, grooms, and talks to horses to accustom them to human voice and contact
• Talks to horses to calm and encourage them to follow lead, or standstill when hitched or groomed
• Places tack or harness on horse to accustom horse to feel of equipment.
• Mounts and rides saddle horse to condition horse to respond to oral, spur, or rein command, according to knowledge of horse's temperament and riding technique.
• Trains horses for show competition according to prescribed standards for gaits, form, manners, and performance, using knowledge of characteristics of different breeds and operating routines of horse shows
• Retrains horses to break habits, such as kicking, bolting, and resisting bridling and grooming
• 50 years old below
• At least 10 years similar experience
• Can communicate in English
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Other
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Support Services
- Joining Date: 2014-04-30
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: $1,000 - $1,500
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 10
- Degree: High school or equivalent