Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Highway & Traffic Engineers
Established and award-winning multi-disciplinary Engineering and Construction Management firms based in Irvine, California USA with offices in Abu Dhabi, UAE and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is seeking multiple Highway Design Engineers and Traffic Engineers to join our office in Riyadh.
Role & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the design, design review and engineering management of highway, bridge and tunnel projects throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Positions require five (5) to six (6) day work week with an average of 45 hours/week.
• Job locations are at the client and/or IDS offices in Riyadh.
• Provide plan check and critical review of engineering design submittals, including reports, calculations and drawings for a range of road projects by Client or Engineering Consultancy firms, and provide feedback.
• Prepare and or assist in the preparation of design drawings and design reports.
• Ensure that technical requirements are being followed in the design.
• Represent IDS and or the client in technical meetings and value engineering analysis.
• Coordinate with other engineering disciplines.
• Ensure that the schedule of deliverables and the technical requirements of the tasks issued as part of the contract are met, and maintain a database.
• Assist with training.
• An awareness of quality assurance and control.
• Provide periodic construction site inspection to monitor progress and ensure conformance to the engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
• Implement appropriate international standards and requirements, regulations and safety policies.
• Develop and maintain relationships with IDS business interests within Saudi Arabia.
This is a three (3) year single status assignment based in the IDS Riyadh offices with travel to sites within Saudi Arabia. Candidates must be in good health, able to work in the field at sites and adapt to the culture and lifestyle of Saudi Arabia. Employment package includes base salary in addition to accommodations, work transport, two (2) roundtrip flights per year, 24 days paid leave, and medical insurance in Saudi Arabia.
The following qualifications are requirements for this exceptional opportunity, and include:
• Must be a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia or a European country.
• Minimum BSc in Civil Engineering or Equivalent degree and 15 years’ experience, or Master’s degree and 10 years’ experience.
• Strong experience relevant to the position sought including: Highway or Traffic design and engineering, supported by letters of experience and references.
• Relevant experience must include working in the USA, Canada, Europe or Australia.
• Chartered status from a recognized professional body is an advantage.
• Sound technical understanding of road and highway design and construction, and/or traffic studies.
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Previous experience in the Gulf Region, as well as the ability to read and speak Arabic would be an advantage.
• Proven design review and design experience managing clients and ability to execute projects on schedule and within budget.
• Must have strong editorial judgment, solid design report writing and proofreading ability and effective oral communications.
• Ability to coordinate professionally across organizational, geographic, and cultural lines.
• Understands standard contract requirements, specifications and work scopes as they relate to the design of road infrastructure.
• General knowledge of other disciplines involved in roads and highway engineering projects (electricity, civil, hydrology, traffic maintenance, utilities and other services)
• Good command and use of computers and software used in road and highway design.
• Working knowledge road/highway software from Autodesk or Bentley.
• Previous project management experience
• Good supervisory skills
Masters Perferred, BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Job Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Engineering
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Joining Date: 2014-06-15
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 5
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 10 Max: 20
- Residence Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Nationality: Austria; Australia; Belgium; Canada; Switzerland; Germany; Denmark; Spain; Finland; France; Great Britain (UK); Greece; Ireland; Iceland; Italy; Luxembourg; Netherlands; Norway; Portugal; Sweden; United States
- Degree: Bachelor's degree