Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Graphic Design Manager (Packaging)
Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group LLC
The Graphic Design Manager manages the execution of graphic design and Packaging on the brand’s product and communication elements in line with brand positioning and project brief.
S/he contributes to increased sales through the design and development of innovative product packaging and marketing materials.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Develop and lead an effective team
• Manage all elements of the design process to ensure delivering of all design elements in line their CPAs
• Develop design mood boards for key projects
• Develop packaging concepts in accordance with brand guidelines
• Ensure that detailing & aesthetics of design projects met brand standards
• Check quality of artworks developed
• Build database of competitive packaging and design concepts
• Maintain the Design Standards Manual for the brand
• Manage project calendar and ensure deadlines are met in accordance with project CPAs
• Develop marketing and advertising material in line with campaign concepts and in keeping with brand guidelines, ensuring adjustments are made in line with the CPA
• Ensure campaign materials in compliance with Marketing and VM requirements
• Responsible to create and develop the new concept of the packaging look according to the brief requirements in order to enhance the commercial performance.
• Responsible to create and develop the catalogue pages according to the brief requirements in order to enhance the commercial performance for the brand
• Delegate or work with Project Plan to assign jobs for sub-team.
• Provide guidance on art direction to designer or artist, ensure the daily job duties within the sub-team are performed according to agreed workflow, process system and standard to meet company’s requirement.
• Drive the weekly follow-up meeting with designers and artists to monitor artwork jobs to team to secure all deliverables schedule and complete on time.
• Supervise on daily operations issue, resolve the conflict and provide problem solving to team members.
• Conduct on-job training to new joiner in daily operations.
• Lead and work with the designer and artist to create and develop the concept of new packaging line look.
• Drive and follow up the development schedule of whole concept development stage.
• Coordinate and work with sparring partner of Creative Development Manager on the concept design to style guide sign off.
• Make presentation of concept to the internal customer.
• Responsible to record all IP related material during concept development stage.
• Coordinate and follow up with Brand Director and copywriter of the master text.
• Coordinate and follow for the localized text.
• Coordinate and follow up with Merchandiser for the sample for artwork, outstanding artwork issue, the specification and requirement of artwork and align the agreed artwork release date.
• Check and sign the pre-production sample (PPS) according to the design and colour management aspect.
• Collect photos and brand elements from different sources to start catalogue development.
• Design catalogue pages from concept layout to artwork production for internal customer.
• Arrange schedule with photographer and graphic coordinator for product and model photo shoot if needed.
• Manage colour print proof to having final colour quality check and work with Photographer for the request of photo adjust.
• Ensure the final artwork file is complying with all technical specification and prepare ready-to-print file.
• University degree in Art-related subjects
• Excellent understanding of English (Arabic desirable)
• A minimum of 10 years experience in a design or similar creative capacity
• Proficiency in
o Microsoft Office
o Photo Shop
o Adobe CCS2
University degree in Art-related subjects
Established in 1987, the Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group started its business operations with one of the earliest The Body Shop franchises in Jeddah, KSA. Since then, the Group has grown to become a franchisee, franchisor and an independent brand organisation.
Some of the brands you have grown to love are Nayomi, Mikyajy, ELC, Ulla Popken, List, Neals Yard Remedies, Bebe, Mihyar, The Body Shop, Nayomi Beauty Salon.
Today, the Group has over 550 stores and employing more than 3,000 professionals representing a global mix of 50 nationalities working across eight countries. These figures are growing at a rapid pace as we continue to explore new markets and expand our presence.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Retail/Wholesale; Graphic Design
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Art/Design/Creative
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: $6,000 - $7,000
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 10 Max: 15
- Degree: Bachelor's degree