Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Government Relations Officer
Maersk Jordan W.L.L.
- Act as the company representative for transactions related to the government processes such residence and work permit, company license and registrations, visit visas, and others.
- Liaise from time to time on submission of shipping documents to port authorities or similar agencies as needed.
- Support the Administration and Finance function in varying messengerial and clerical duties.
- Previous work experience in the similar capacity for at least 3 years
- Good network of contacts with government authorities
- Action-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Team-player and has the passion to serve people
- In-depth knowledge of the government procedures
- Native Arabic speaker with good working level English language proficiency
A key player in global trade, Maersk Line is the world leader in container transport, operating in more than 125 countries worldwide and employing over 21,000 colleagues.
We offer attractive career opportunities to internationally-minded people in a wide variety of positions: from sales and customer service, via management, finance, processes to classic shipping operations and a host of other fields. Our philosophy could be defined as unity through diversity; we strive to be locally relevant and globally efficient, firmly rooted in the core values that have been ours for more than 100 years.
With hundreds of container vessels operating around the clock, we want to act responsibly to improve our environmental performance and impact. This means constantly improving processes and developing technologies to be more energy efficient, eliminate waste and reduce emissions. We engage actively in the communities we serve - our Corporate Social Responsibility focus is on education and humanitarian aid, which we channel through a multitude of local projects executed in close collaboration with NGOs and the relevant authorities.
Maersk Line is one of the largest liner shipping companies in the world, serving customers all over the globe. With a fleet numbering more than 300 container vessels and one million containers, we ensure reliable and comprehensive worldwide coverage. Our feeder vessels, trucks and dedicated trains allow us to offer a unique concept of door-to-door services.
Maersk Line is a division of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group.
- Job Location: Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry: Shipping; Transportation
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Administration
- Employment Status: Part time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3
- Residence Location: Kuwait
- Gender: Male
- Nationality: United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen
- Degree: High school or equivalent