Finance Officer Female (Skaka & Arar)
The Oxford Partnership
To take responsibility for the smooth and efficient running of the debtors or creditors ledger ensuring the prompt resolution of queries, the timely collection of debts / payment of creditors and operation of key accounting controls.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To take responsibility for the smooth running of either the debtors or creditors ledger and provide cover for the other Finance Officer as and when required.
• To ensure that purchase order requisitions, supplier invoices and customer invoice requisitions are processed within the parameters set in the department service level agreement.
• To ensure the timely payment of supplier invoices, dealing with any queries and following up with managers and suppliers as necessary.
• To check manual cheque requisitions, ensuring that appropriate authorisation has been provided before completing the cheque payment run.
• To receive and check supplier statements to the system and resolve any issues.
• To operate efficient and effective credit control procedures to ensure the timely collection of all debts (student and sales ledger).
• To deal with queries from internal and external customers and suppliers.
• To ensure all cash received by the College is regularly balanced, banked and recorded correctly on the system, with receipts issued and discrepancies investigated immediately.
• To assist with the preparation of the short term cash flow forecast.
• To ensure income and expenditure is accurately coded and recorded on the ledgers.
• To enter nominal ledger journals and assist in production of accurate financial information to agreed deadlines.
• To reconcile balance sheet accounts, monthly to agreed deadlines.
• To liaise with internal and external auditors as and when required.
• To ensure compliance with College’s financial regulations at all times.
• To provide the service in accordance with the Corporation’s Vision, Strategic Plan and Service Improvement Plans
• To work in the spirit of the employee / manager charter
• To demonstrate and promote ethical behaviour appropriate to that which would be expected by our customers
• To work in a flexible manner and to be willing to undertake other duties as reasonably requested •
• Knowledge of key accounting controls (purchase or sales ledger, cashbook).
• Good IT skills including spreadsheets.
• Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines and without close supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships at all levels.
• Ability to respond to change quickly and positively.
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
• Solution focused, as opposed to problem finder.
• Effective promotion and commitment to Equality and Diversity in the workplace and adherence to college policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent including Maths & English.
• AAT or equivalent qualification advantageous.
• Experience of running purchase ledger or sales ledger.
- Job Location: Sakaka, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
- Employment Status: Part time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 2
- Gender: Female
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma