Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Finance Officer Female (Skaka & Arar)
The Oxford Partnership LLC
To take responsibility for the smooth and efficient running of the debtors or creditors ledger ensuring the prompt resolution of queries, the timely collection of debts / payment of creditors and operation of key accounting controls.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To take responsibility for the smooth running of either the debtors or creditors ledger and provide cover for the other Finance Officer as and when required.
• To ensure that purchase order requisitions, supplier invoices and customer invoice requisitions are processed within the parameters set in the department service level agreement.
• To ensure the timely payment of supplier invoices, dealing with any queries and following up with managers and suppliers as necessary.
• To check manual cheque requisitions, ensuring that appropriate authorisation has been provided before completing the cheque payment run.
• To receive and check supplier statements to the system and resolve any issues.
• To operate efficient and effective credit control procedures to ensure the timely collection of all debts (student and sales ledger).
• To deal with queries from internal and external customers and suppliers.
• To ensure all cash received by the College is regularly balanced, banked and recorded correctly on the system, with receipts issued and discrepancies investigated immediately.
• To assist with the preparation of the short term cash flow forecast.
• To ensure income and expenditure is accurately coded and recorded on the ledgers.
• To enter nominal ledger journals and assist in production of accurate financial information to agreed deadlines.
• To reconcile balance sheet accounts, monthly to agreed deadlines.
• To liaise with internal and external auditors as and when required.
• To ensure compliance with College’s financial regulations at all times.
• To provide the service in accordance with the Corporation’s Vision, Strategic Plan and Service Improvement Plans
• To work in the spirit of the employee / manager charter
• To demonstrate and promote ethical behaviour appropriate to that which would be expected by our customers
• To work in a flexible manner and to be willing to undertake other duties as reasonably requested •
• Knowledge of key accounting controls (purchase or sales ledger, cashbook).
• Good IT skills including spreadsheets.
• Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines and without close supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships at all levels.
• Ability to respond to change quickly and positively.
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
• Solution focused, as opposed to problem finder.
• Effective promotion and commitment to Equality and Diversity in the workplace and adherence to college policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent including Maths & English.
• AAT or equivalent qualification advantageous.
• Experience of running purchase ledger or sales ledger.
The Oxford Partnership (TOP) brings together three exceptional education and training providers in Activate Learning, Moulton College and GEMS Education Solutions. This powerful partnership has been successful in securing the contract to run three women’s colleges in the North of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - namely, Al Jouf Sakaka, Arar and Al Qurrayat - as part of the Colleges of Excellence programme. Each College will house around 2000 students when they have reached full capacity.
We are at the beginning of our journey and we are looking for individuals to join us who are able to contribute to deliver an outstanding education provision to our student community.
High quality teaching, learning and assessment are at the heart of The Oxford Partnership. Attracting the best and most talented staff is crucial to our success both as individual organisations and as a partnership for this project. Education in Saudi Arabia is strictly segregated and for the majority of posts we are currently looking for female staff only.
Although appropriate qualifications and experience are crucial for these roles, interested candidates must be enterprising, resilient, culturally aware and above all excellent team players. You must be able to work collaboratively and collegiately across a multinational staff team and be prepared to openly share your knowledge to add value to our programmes and benefit our students.
- Job Location: Sakaka, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
- Employment Status: Part time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 2
- Gender: Female
- Degree: Bachelor's degree